Team 16?

edinabear

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry if I appear to be slow on the uptake, but why are Threave relegated ? They finished 15th in a 16 team league

Did someone get relegated last year?

Easy enough to phone the secretary of a club who has been through the process and ask for advice and or experience of the system. I am sure that in your case the Linlithgow Rose secretary will be more than helpful. I know that Gretna have taken calls from local clubs asking for advice.

There is enough information on the SFA website to see if your club is in a position to even consider going through the process.

Yeah the club are probably well aware of that, the point I am making as that the SFA should be making it a whole lot easier for clubs who are interested in becoming licenced. In fact they should be falling over themselves to help, they should be promoting it to clubs.

They don't, and a cynic could speculate why.

Anyway, let not divert the thread any further.

Sorry if I appear to be slow on the uptake, but why are Threave relegated ? They finished 15th in a 16 team league

If it wisnae for the points they got against WW, Threave would have finished 16th in a 15 team league

Giving the fact Hawick have beaten civil twice this year, very convincingly I mite add. Why are people saying that civil should be the 16th team? surprises me a bit.

Hawick have a fantastic Park that's had a lot of work done to it to more than meet the criteria. Also the squad has been improved massively. The club's not getting the credit it deserves. In my opinion they would be a great addition to the league.

Giving the fact Hawick have beaten civil twice this year, very convincingly I mite add. Why are people saying that civil should be the 16th team? surprises me a bit. Hawick have a fantastic Park that's had a lot of work done to it to more than meet the criteria. Also the squad has been improved massively. The club's not getting the credit it deserves. In my opinion they would be a great addition to the league.

Would be good for the league to have a decent border team in it.....

Burton Albion have shown what a little ambition can bring. Shame on some of our pathetic backward thinking junior clubs.

Burton is a town of 70,000 people. You are not comparing like with like. The junior grade is roughly equivalent to the FA Vase level clubs in England and there is no automatic forced progression up the pyramid from that level. Clubs have to apply to be eligible for promotion to step 4 of the nonleague pyramid and many give it the body swerve altogether.

Burton is a town of 70,000 people. You are not comparing like with like. The junior grade is roughly equivalent to the FA Vase level clubs in England and there is no automatic forced progression up the pyramid from that level. Clubs have to apply to be eligible for promotion to step 4 of the nonleague pyramid and many give it the body swerve altogether.

In Scottish terms that would be a town of 7,000 people.

Bottom is relegated if a champion from below is licensed and therefore promoted. If still under complement (which is the case currently), then the reports say bottom can reapply - alongside other clubs - for a vacancy. Seems fair enough to me. Otherwise there'd be nothing to play for at foot.

Bottom is relegated if a champion from below is licensed and therefore promoted. If still under complement (which is the case currently), then the reports say bottom can reapply - alongside other clubs - for a vacancy. Seems fair enough to me. Otherwise there'd be nothing to play for at foot.

Fair enough. Again I could be wrong but aren't both lower league teams unlicensed 

Fair enough. Again I could be wrong but aren't both lower league teams unlicensed 

St Cuthberts appear to be close to gaining their licence - but there seems to be a deafening silence over whether there is a deadline in place for them to achive this. (or if any leeway will be given if they are close as unlicensed teams were in the LL until recently)

No it wouldn't. There's no 'exchange rate' here. A town of 70,000 is a town of 70,000 - the resources will reflect that.

Well there sort of is because Scotland's population is 5 million and England's is 55 milion. A town of Burton's size 70,000 would be the seventh biggest place in Scotland but only the 113th biggest town/city in England.

Source: http://lovemytown.co.uk/Populations/TownsTable1.asp

So Burton in English terms is akin to Bannockburn, Lerwick, Cove Bay, Wick or Kirkwall  in Scottish terms

Archived