Team 16?

edinabear

The Strollers are an excellent club with good people at the helm who obtained their licence by accessing various funding pots and showing real initiative.

Well said and hopefully they gain entry

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I have respect for Strollers, in terms of quality of teams and support, it would probably be better for the LL to wait another year and hope that Haddington fill the vacancy. Although under the current system Strollers should be admitted to the LL.

Just out of curiosity burnie_man, I'm led to believe that Blackburn United have a really good set-up for the juniors so what makes your lot so far away from a license?

We're far away as the club hasn't applied! And as far as I understand it there are other demands on our limited financial resources before we cough up a £2k SFA joining fee.

Surely guaranteed Scottish Cup football every season and becoming SFA full members, hence getting a share of the SFA profits would counteract a £2,000 fee?

Though I do think the £2k is taking the piss.

Surely guaranteed Scottish Cup football every season and becoming SFA full members, hence getting a share of the SFA profits would counteract a £2,000 fee?

Though I do think the £2k is taking the piss.

It would, but you need the spare cash up front and then probably wait 18-24 months to receive the fruits of your labour, and £2k is an annual fee I think.

It would, but you need the spare cash up front and then probably wait 18-24 months to receive the fruits of your labour, and £2k is an annual fee I think.

I remember reading about it and £500 was the annual fee a couple of years ago.

While £2k sounds quite a bit as you say it's.18-24 months of site visits, advice and committee meetings. Getting a surveyor to go for the initial visit would probably be £500 alone.

Add in the potential benefits and it has to be worthwhile? Are the winter payments for licencing not around £10000 each?

I remember reading about it and £500 was the annual fee a couple of years ago.

While £2k sounds quite a bit as you say it's.18-24 months of site visits, advice and committee meetings. Getting a surveyor to go for the initial visit would probably be £500 alone.

Add in the potential benefits and it has to be worthwhile? Are the winter payments for licencing not around £10000 each?

Must be quite simple for any potential candidate to sit down with a club who've been through the process and discuss the financial implications. The set costs (fees) and the set benefits ( hand outs, prize money for scottish etc). Obviously other money's would differ depending on how you market yourself etc but should be easy to work out the necessary payments and guaranteed benefits

It does cost £2,000 initially, but that includes - indeed officially it is - the SFA entrance fee (i.e. to join for the first time). Obviously there has to be some fee to stop lots of clubs making frivolous/speculative applications. That said it seems a bit steep to me and perhaps £1,000 would be more reasonable. Indeed consulting an old SFA rulebook I have here, it was £1k to become an associate member about 10yrs ago.

On the other hand clubs would make it back from the prizemoney alone upon playing their first Scottish Cup tie.

It isn't an annual fee. If there is an annual subscription (i.e. to keep membership each year) it is far less - a few hundred £?

It does cost £2,000 initially, but that includes - indeed officially it is - the SFA entrance fee (i.e. to join for the first time). Obviously there has to be some fee to stop lots of clubs making frivolous/speculative applications. That said it seems a bit steep to me and perhaps £1,000 would be more reasonable. Indeed consulting an old SFA rulebook I have here, it was £1k to become an associate member about 10yrs ago.

On the other hand clubs would make it back from the prizemoney alone upon playing their first Scottish Cup tie.

It isn't an annual fee. If there is an annual subscription (i.e. to keep membership each year) it is far less - a few hundred £?

Lets face it, the SFA do absolutely nothing to encourage clubs to become licenced. Even finding out who to make initial enquiries with is a task, and they won't provide any advice until you cough up £2k. It's pathetic, they should be doing all they can to get clubs licenced, but they don't seem bothered, maybe they don't want too many licenced clubs and the increase in membership?

There's a licencing manager, I e mailed him twice before and he got straight back to me. I'd find it hard to believe if I had been a junior football club that he would have been less helpful!

There's a licencing manager, I e mailed him twice before and he got straight back to me. I'd find it hard to believe if I had been a junior football club that he would have been less helpful!

Yes, they answer emails.

A reasonable request - and doing their job -  would be to come out to the club, have a look at the ground, chat over requirements, get a feel for the process, timescales, meet the people involved, provide encouragement etc., maybe an hour tops.  Nope, £2k first please.

Yes, they answer emails.

A reasonable request - and doing their job -  would be to come out to the club, have a look at the ground, chat over requirements, get a feel for the process, timescales, meet the people involved, provide encouragement etc., maybe an hour tops.  Nope, £2k first please.

Easy enough to phone the secretary of a club who has been through the process and ask for advice and or experience of the system.  I am sure that in your case the Linlithgow Rose secretary will be more than helpful.  I know that Gretna have taken calls from local clubs asking for advice.

There is enough information on the SFA website to see if your club is in a position to even consider going through the process.

3 clubs have applied Edu Sports, Hawick RA and Civil Service Strollers they are up in front of LL on 6th June

That's interesting. Would have thought there would have been more. Well it really has to be a toss up between Hawick and Civil Service

3 clubs have applied Edu Sports, Hawick RA and Civil Service Strollers they are up in front of LL on 6th June

Heard a wee whisper Edusport would play out of Forthbank if gaining LL entry with the students moving elsewhere......

Hawick would be great days oot doon there but they would need to improve big time on the park to compete....

Similar wi the Strollers, was impressed wi their set up when they dumped us oot one of the cups earlier this season.

What about Threave Rovers and St. Cuthbert Wanderers? Would think Wanderers would get a place if they get licensed, and that Threave would be in a good position to get the last place.

Archived