Team 16?

edinabear

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not daft at all.

Next season there is 16 teams.

If one gets relegated to the L.L. and no team gets relegated from the L.L. that makes 17 for the following season.

Or am I missing something obvious here?

The bottom team will be relegated to either the South or East League. If a licensed team has been promoted from one of those leagues then two clubs will be relegated. I don't see what difficulty is.

The bottom team will be relegated to either the South or East League. If a licensed team has been promoted from one of those leagues then two clubs will be relegated. I don't see what difficulty is.

You're right. Too any people unsure and hoping that some teams can be bailed out by what actually happens in other leagues. Bottom line is that in a sixteen team league you probably should be relegated if you finish in the bottom two. The only way to guarantee not being relegated from the LL through your own performance is to not finish in the bottom two.

You never read the previous quotes between sureiknow and me. I already asked if he was meaning the Highland team got in.

I read the entire thread - here are the exchanges between yourself and sureiknow, he says the Highland League team might get in, and the Highland League team might get in in more than one season.

What happens when the League is 16 teams then and if a team gets relegated from the 2nd division to the Lowland League.

League just increase to 17?

You must be assuming the Highland team goes up then?

Not at all but it is possible.

And maybe more than one season.

Your question was daft then. If a SPFL team goes down into the LL then the LL champions go up. 16-1+1 = 16.

I read the entire thread - here are the exchanges between yourself and sureiknow, he says the Highland League team might get in, and the Highland League team might get in in more than one season.

At the risk of getting a ban for boring people's erse off though: surely if he says an SPFL team comes down, and it's 'not at all' a Highland team that goes up, then there's only one scenario: a LL team goes up. So there's not 17, only 16 and I don't think he was understanding that. The relegation below the LL is a separate issue.

The only other way to explain this is to list all the possible scenarios but I'm already losing the will to live :lol:

So once they get to 16 is it a case of anyone joining the pyramid going to the SOS or EOS? The highland is at 18 so assuming 18 and 16 next couple years will they be set at that? Say East Stirling and Berwick got relegated in the next two seasons and 2 highland teams got promoted to SPFL is there flexibility to change size of each league?

If we have another Rangers or Gretna situation and a vacant SPFL slot would they just have say bottom team not in play off and winner of highland / lowland just go up.

Has there been any official comment on if the long term goal is to go towards automatic promotion and relegation? Maybe once a couple of current SPFL clubs go down and are still there after couple seasons there might be more willingness to open things up a bit to make it easier to get back up.

There deffo should be an automatic relegation slot (possibly 2 winners of feeders playing off for it), then the losers playing 2nd bottom of league 2 as the playoff.

Although I highly doubt teams would vote in favour of this

There deffo should be an automatic relegation slot (possibly 2 winners of feeders playing off for it), then the losers playing 2nd bottom of league 2 as the playoff.

Although I highly doubt teams would vote in favour of this

The LL is not really in a strong bargaining position at present although it could be if it was a stronger league with some good stadiums and supports as the juniors always wanted.

So the present situation with a playoff was in many ways a breakthrough as the Scottish League had been a closed shop all its days. However when was the last time anybody listened to the fans?

So once they get to 16 is it a case of anyone joining the pyramid going to the SOS or EOS? The highland is at 18 so assuming 18 and 16 next couple years will they be set at that? Say East Stirling and Berwick got relegated in the next two seasons and 2 highland teams got promoted to SPFL is there flexibility to change size of each league?

The HFL have a contingency plan to split to split into two divisions if they go over 18. Not sure if they'd invite another licenced club to join to round out the numbers...

It would be the LL for them at best.

The Juniors didn't buy into the con that is the LL.

So why did you ask this question, then?

How long would East Stirlingshire or Albion Rovers last dropping out of the seniors.

To highlight the farce that is Scottish Football.

Teams appearing out of nowhere with no stadium claiming decades old histories playing Celtic in the Scottish Cup.

Yeh right.

They've earned the right to be there glenconner,no doubt about it,they're a great example of what can be achieved.

To highlight the farce that is Scottish Football.

Teams appearing out of nowhere with no stadium claiming decades old histories playing Celtic in the Scottish Cup.

Yeh right.

Something your club can only dream of now. If one or more of the "bigger" Glasgow junior clubs took the chance to join the farce, then it could have been one of them looking forward to the biggest game of their decades old histories. However I suppose they can all hold their collective heads up high and so "look we told you this Lowland League was a farce".

Archived