Team 16?

edinabear

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

16 is the limit, I suppose it depends on who wins the Eos ans SoS leagues and who gets relegated from League 2. You could have a situation where Edin City/Stirling win the league but lose to Cove or Brora in the play-offs and the HL Champs beat East Stirling in the final. That would complete the 16.

However if the winners of the Sos and EoS are both unlicensed, then bottom from the LL could be relegated and restore the number of teams back to 15.

I believe Edusport Academy, AM Soccer (?) and St Cuthberts (?) are also applying to join the LL.

Haddington Athletic are another possibility.

Haddington would be a significant addition being the first 'Junior' side to make the switch. Edusport would be a disaster. I really dont see what they would bring. No fanbase at all, don't even have a home! I dont know much about AM soccer. Do they even have an adult team?

What happens when the League is 16 teams then and if a team gets relegated from the 2nd division to the Lowland League.

League just increase to 17?

Bottom club would be relegated to the EoS or SoS.

If Edusport or AM soccer were promoted at the expense of Threave Rovers then Gretna and Dalbeattie would be better off in the SoSL.

Haddington would be a significant addition being the first 'Junior' side to make the switch. Edusport would be a disaster. I really dont see what they would bring. No fanbase at all, don't even have a home! I dont know much about AM soccer. Do they even have an adult team?

Am have an average amateur team.

If Edusport or AM soccer were promoted at the expense of Threave Rovers then Gretna and Dalbeattie would be better off in the SoSL.

What I was thinking, what if a team wasn't licenced to go into the L.L.

Would be good to see Clydebank or a Third Lanark side in the league, though I imagine both are ineligible for various reasons.

Given past form from certain posters, you shouldn't mention the "C" word in connection with the LL... :jerry:rolleyes::lol:

The other point is that Clydebank don't unfortunately have a ground of their own at the moment- hopefully that'll get sorted out soon.

Given past form from certain posters, you shouldn't mention the "C" word in connection with the LL... :jerry:rolleyes::lol:

The other point is that Clydebank don't unfortunately have a ground of their own at the moment- hopefully that'll get sorted out soon.

Didn't realise :lol: Can you explain?

Me too. My reasoning for those two being in is that it would give a chance for some classic Scottish sides to get back on the pyramid.

Surely only if the league agree to act as a feeder league that will happen, but there has already been problems regarding league status already from the big wigs

Surely only if the league agree to act as a feeder league that will happen, but there has already been problems regarding league status already from the big wigs

I am pretty sure that a relegated club will have to go to a league where they are a member of the local FA. For example Gretna would go to the East of Scotland League as they are a member of the East of Scotland FA.

Otherwise you might get teams such as Preston (if relegated) opting to join the South of Scotland league as it may be seen as an easier route back into the Lowland league.

I can't remember which local FA the Glasgow based clubs joined.

I remember seeing it written that teams would be placed based on geography and that the sfa would make that decision. However after that east kilbride were allowed to resign from the south and join the east

Otherwise you might get teams such as Preston (if relegated) opting to join the South of Scotland league as it may be seen as an easier route back into the Lowland league.

I hope your not saying that the sos league is inferior to the eos league Cic.

After all the premier cup competition of the Lowlands is regionalised :P

What happens when the League is 16 teams then and if a team gets relegated from the 2nd division to the Lowland League.

League just increase to 17?

You must be assuming the Highland team goes up then?

Its pretty astonishing that we have no answers to any of the questions asked on this thread! The lack of info from the SPFL is shocking. Has it ever been officially confirmed that the EofSL and SofSL are tier 6 or have we all just assumed this?

Archived