Morton vs Rangers

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's disgusting that sod all will be done about this, and the Morton fans of all people are the ones coming out looking worse for it. Can you imagine if such an incident occurred at say Tynecastle or Easter Road? Lifetime bans would've been handed out months ago. I'm not attacking Rangers fans here by the way. I can't imagine most of them wanting the lunatic that threw it anywhere near Ibrox.

You are actually half right. It is disgusting and sod all will be done about it.

We all knew it never happened and now the police have confirmed that this was never reported Rangers should at the very least demand an apology from the Morton chairman and the footballing authorities should be asking him to explain why he made these comments with absolutely no proof whatsoever.

Yep. Utterly Disgusting but not the first time P&B diddies have been left looking rather silly over a bottle throwing rumour!!

Apparently a freedom of information request was made to police Scotland which claims that there is no proof of any bottles being thrown and that stories of complaints being made to the polis are according to the foi request are false.

That's not what it says. It says that one formal complaint was made to the police by a Morton fan. It says that no formal complaint was made by Morton, which doesn't actually contradict anything Morton said: they said they'd contacted the police, not that they'd made a formal complaint.

That's not what it says. It says that one formal complaint was made to the police by a Morton fan. It says that no formal complaint was made by Morton, which doesn't actually contradict anything Morton said: they said they'd contacted the police, not that they'd made a formal complaint.

Well, well, well, a Ringers fan caught bending the truth again - who'd've thunk it.......

You are actually half right. It is disgusting and sod all will be done about it.

We all knew it never happened and now the police have confirmed that this was never reported Rangers should at the very least demand an apology from the Morton chairman and the footballing authorities should be asking him to explain why he made these comments with absolutely no proof whatsoever.

Yep. Utterly Disgusting but not the first time P&B diddies have been left looking rather silly over a bottle throwing rumour!!

Is this the reincarnation of that tit No 8? When The Rangers go bust again will go back to kidding on you're a Dumbarton fan until the next tribute act rolls up?

Disappointed but not surprised to find out nothing will come of this incident. The bottle landed and smashed about 6-7 feet away from me, narrowly missing a supporters head.

I'm all for giving it to opposition supporters during the match and exchanging a few verbals and what not but cannot get my head round why anyone would feel the need to launch glass bottles into a crowd of people.

Disappointed but not surprised to find out nothing will come of this incident. The bottle landed and smashed about 6-7 feet away from me, narrowly missing a supporters head.

I'm all for giving it to opposition supporters during the match and exchanging a few verbals and what not but cannot get my head round why anyone would feel the need to launch glass bottles into a crowd of people.

Was this bottle one of those new stealth bottles?

Maybe that's why the CCTV apparently missed it.

".How many complaints did Police receive from Morton fans regards coins etc being thrown at them from the top tiers in the Govan and Broomloan stands?

Police Scotland have no such complaints recorded"

Poor wee dunning makes a kunt of it again lol

We all knew it never happened and now the police have confirmed that this was never reported

Was this bottle one of those new stealth bottles?

Maybe that's why the CCTV apparently missed it.

".How many complaints did Police receive from Morton fans regards coins etc being thrown at them from the top tiers in the Govan and Broomloan stands?

Here's a true story for you idiots:

Some years back an ex-boss of mine was driving his son and his son's pal back from a kids' football tournament in the Dumbarton area. He stopped at the lights just past the Dumbuck Hotel heading east and a big German saloon car ran into the back of him. Nobody hurt but obviously damage to both cars.

He got out to swap insurance details. Not angry or annoyed, very calm and matter of fact, and in broad daylight with plenty of traffic passing in the other direction, but the woman driving the other car refused to acknowledge him, speak to him or even look it him. Soon as the lights changed she reversed back fast and took off towards Glasgow, narrowly missing him on the way past.

He wasn't about to chase after her with the kids in the car, and there weren't any witnesses to the accident, so he drove to the police office to report it. All very straightforward - till he gave the make and model and personalised plate number of the woman's car. Guy at the desk paused, then went behind to speak quietly with a sergeant behind about it, and my boss heard the sergeant say "well get rid of him and we'll have a word with Mr --------- about it". That's when it clicked: he'd been hit by the wife of a certain well-known football manager, the name and the personal plate gave it away.

The cop told him he'd "get the driver to make contact" and sent him on his way.

Two weeks on, having heard hee-haw, my ex-boss is in Dumbarton on business and stopped in at the same police office to get an update.Different guy at the desk, but same sergeant sat behind him. Surprise surprise - no record of the incident to be found and the sergeant denied all knowledge of it, smirking as he did so.

Ex-boss came away disgusted. He wrote a very polite letter to the football manager about the accident, telling him that the bump was costing £360 to repair, and posted it it marked "Private & Confidential" to him at the stadium to make sure he got it. He also wrote to the club secretary with a copy of the letter. Never even got an acknowledgement; had to foot the bill himself.

This guy was a season ticket holder for the team in question and rarely missed a game. He had total respect for the manager involved. He ripped up his ticket, and he's never been back, disgusted by the whole thing. Only told me about it when I kept asking why he'd suddenly stopped going; he'd told very few folk the story.

Still, if nobody else saw it, and the police say there's no record of it, it can't have actually happened, can it?

;)

Rangers fans are arseholes, they were arseholes before they died and they now follow Rangers version 2 and are still arseholes, just because pur aupporters didnt teport coins being thrown at us by said arseholes doesnt mean it didnt happen

Poor wee dunning makes a kunt of it again lol

From this article: http://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/article.php?i=98&a=coins,-cups-and-golf-balls

How many complaints did Police receive from Morton fans regards glass bottles being thrown at them from Rangers fans?

I can confirm that 1 report of a bottle being thrown from the Rangers fans into the Morton fans and 1 Complaint against the Police were taken post-match.

You either hadn't bothered to read the full article before posting about it, or you had the read the full article and lied about it. Which is it?

Please, do inforn me why you think I, or anyone else for that matter have made this up? It landed in the row in fromt of me, very nearly hitting a young supporter. Why am I apparently lying?

And to the cretins saying there's no evidence, and it never happened. There is also no evidence of it not happening.

No CCTV has, or will be released. The CCTV will quite clearly show if not the bottle, but the sizeable gap opening up in the crowd/hoods being put up etc. Rangers have made no statement because they're fully aware something was thrown, and haven't bothered denying any claims either. Once again, burying their head in the sand.

Archived