Morton vs Rangers

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry to carry this on however have a look at Cummings celebration after scoring his penalty yesterday. Looked at the opposition fans and raised and waived a clenched fist.
Sorry to carry this on however have a look at Cummings celebration after scoring his penalty yesterday. Looked at the opposition fans and raised and waived a clenched fist.
Yes, that's the same as continuing to gesture repeatedly for several seconds, even well after the dust has settled.

Yes, that's the same as continuing to gesture repeatedly for several seconds, even well after the dust has settled.

Actually just watched it again. I would say it was worse. Closer to the opposition fans and added to the clenched fist making a celebratory facial expression to the opposition fans!

First I've looked at this thread since Wednesday. Hard to believe these guys continue trying to defend the indefensible.....

Halliday never gestured at opposition fans.

.......except that yes, he most certainly did. As shown on video captured by your very own fans. Who were then daft enough to upload it onto social media. How thick can you get?

Actually just watched it again. I would say it was worse. Closer to the opposition fans and added to the clenched fist making a celebratory facial expression to the opposition fans!

Errr, he was right beside the away fans because the away fans were behind the goal where he had to take the penalty. And he celebrated in a pretty normal way, not trying to wind up the fans behind the goal. Not exactly impartial in your view of it, are you?

None of which changes the facts: Halliday's actions were unacceptable under the laws of the game, therefore as it was seen by the linesman and reported to the referee a second booking and subsequent red card was inevitable. Deal with it and move on.

First I've looked at this thread since Wednesday. Hard to believe these guys continue trying to defend the indefensible.....

.......except that yes, he most certainly did. As shown on video captured by your very own fans. Who were then daft enough to upload it onto social media. How thick can you get?

Errr, he was right beside the away fans because the away fans were behind the goal where he had to take the penalty. And he celebrated in a pretty normal way, not trying to wind up the fans behind the goal. Not exactly impartial in your view of it, are you?

None of which changes the facts: Halliday's actions were unacceptable under the laws of the game, therefore as it was seen by the linesman and reported to the referee a second booking and subsequent red card was inevitable. Deal with it and move on.

It doesn't matter where the away fans are situated you cannot gesture to them. Laws of the game! And yes I recognise it's more difficult not to if they are behind the goals that you score into. Have a look at it again. I have moved on..... to Cummings celebration! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently a freedom of information request was made to police Scotland which claims that there is no proof of any bottles being thrown and that stories of complaints being made to the polis are according to the foi request are false.

Apparently a freedom of information request was made to police Scotland which claims that there is no proof of any bottles being thrown and that stories of complaints being made to the polis are according to the foi request are false.

Well there is a surprise. I await MT apologising

Would seem quite convenient that CCTV didn't manage to pick this up. Morton fans had no reason to make it up. We'd just gone 2-1 up at Ibrox with 10 minutes to go, the last thing on anyone in the away ends mind at that point would be "ah, I'm just gonna say a bottles been thrown at me just now" and bring down the mood. I have to admit I didn't see any golf balls being thrown at us and I'm not sure where our Chairman got that from but I know a few of the folk that said they witnessed a bottle being thrown and they aren't the sort to make that sort of stuff up.

There were complaints made to the police and stewards that day, maybe it wasn't recorded because the police preferred to have their back turned away from it the whole game.

Good timing for the game away to Ibrox next friday now.

Going to need proof that this actually happened, photos or video evidence or it didnae happen.

Going to need proof that this actually happened, photos or video evidence or it didnae happen.

I wouldn't go that far, until proof is provided then the incidents are all alleged.

Give the Morton fans the benefit of the doubt for now.

"Sorry I believed the copious amounts of Morton fans telling me a glass bottle was thrown, or the several Rangers fans who stated it probably did happen. I'm sorry for believing Rangers fans, who don't have any sort of track record for throwing things at away supporters, were capable of such a thing."

Maybe that's what he's looking for?

It's disgusting that sod all will be done about this, and the Morton fans of all people are the ones coming out looking worse for it.

Can you imagine if such an incident occurred at say Tynecastle or Easter Road? Lifetime bans would've been handed out months ago. I'm not attacking Rangers fans here by the way. I can't imagine most of them wanting the lunatic that threw it anywhere near Ibrox.

Archived