16th Jan - Any games definitely ON?

archieb

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Largs 0-1 Maybole,.... Went to this game as a neutral, big Maybole striker scored early doors but thought Largs goalie should have done better in keeping it out, Maybole were well organized and Largs hardly had any chances of note, last 10 mins Maybole could have added to lead and comfortably held on for a deserved win. Largs were poor and on this evidence will get caught by teams below them, highlight of day was wee Pieman,s soup.

Bonnyrigg 2 Lochee 0

Not a great game. Home team deserved to win although not terribly impressive. Physically superior to their opponents and had more ability.

Lochee keeper had several excellent saves although they had two chances in last 10 minutes which the substitute "Fox In The Box" spurned.

Bonnyrigg number 7 almost scored a wonder goal with a Cruyff turn but crashed his shot off the bar.

Well done to all those involved in getting this game on. Pitch in good shape throughout. Rewarded with what looked like a good sized crowd.

Enjoyed my steak pie. Nice set up.

8 nil Kelty. FT

A painful day for Renfrew who never really got going. The gulf between the two sides was evident to all and I am sure Kelty will go far in the cup this year.

Great effort by the Kelty guys to get the pitch playable and clearing the spectator areas, although somehow I wish they had not bothered! Decent crowd considering it was a day to refrigerate the testicles of a brazen anthropoid.

Surprised at the Largs result to be honest. Maybole a good side?

I,ve seen better Maybole sides mate and they always give Kilbirnie a hard game, scored an early goal and handled anything Largs could throw at them, were tidy in possession and finished the stronger team as conditions got worse, play with same spirit they wil pick up more wins, too many long hopeful balls by Largs.

Archived