16th Jan - GAMES OFF

rtg1971

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After six weeks of rain, it looks like winter has at last set in with its frost and snow.

Looks like the winter shut down is well in command. Still lets hear from all the anti 'Summer Football brigade". Don't start with "It can snow in May".

After six weeks of rain, it looks like winter has at last set in with its frost and snow.

Looks like the winter shut down is well in command. Still lets hear from all the anti 'Summer Football brigade". Don't start with "It can snow in May".

I think this is our first blank weekend - in command right enough.

Don't know why people assume that 3G pitches will always be playable. They freeze like anything else and aren't much use if a lot of snow falls on them.

cos when they came along they were introduced as all weather pitches

cos when they came along they were introduced as all weather pitches

Aye can get postponed in all weathers like everything else! They were marketed as such but I suppose if your trying to sell a product you will make it sound better than it really is.

The pitches at Toryglen today weren't frozen, but the parks were called off at 12pm because the referees couldn't see the lines because of the snow. Otherwise the surfaces were playable, and matches were played all morning until the snow got too heavy. I suspect that was the case at Petershill.

Archived