Airdrieonians vs. Forfar Athletic

Haven't seen a thread for this yet, so starting one myself.

Looking forward to this game, myself. After a win against the Rovers and putting up a good fight against Dundee United, the team's confidence should be growing. That, plus a few signings and clearing out some of the weaker players should set us up nicely to welcome Bollan back for a visit.

How do the Loons on here feel about it? Letting slip that lead in the cup game can't have done you good.

Hopefully capitalise on a good result against the Rovers, and a good performance last week. Be strange seeing Bollan back in the away dugout....

Anyway.....2-0 to Airdrie. Watt and Cadden.

Edit to add I see David Cox is suspended, and Forfar have signed a new young striker from Accies.Actually half thought Bollan may have tried for Morgan or Smith once their loans with us ended.

Ferguson

O'Neil Lithgow Crighton Ferguson

Cadden Faria Watt MacDonald

Prunty Lister/Mackin

Would ordinarily play have Cadden on the left, Cox on the right and MacDonald at left - back but with Cox suspended, I'd rather switch Cadden to the right and play MacDonald on the wing and put Ferguson at left - back (if he can play there?). If he can't I'd put MacDonald back to left - back and have Cadden and Morton as the two wingers.

I'm not sure how this will go. I don't think we've improved that markedly and it would be typical Airdrie to lose to Bollan on his return. We should be fairly confident of winning though.

Parry

Bain Dizzy Dozey ONeill

Smith Fitzpatrick Watt McAleer

Sumsky

Subs: macdonald ferguson mackin prunty cox lister hugoagogo cadden morton oneill ferguson

Think we should go 4412 to confuse Bollan. Bollan knows our weaknesses then we bring everyone off after 2 mins and put on all the subs.

Have I missed something,who's the weaker players we've got rid of

Fair point, the players that have come in are virtually unknown ability wise. Undoubtedly the players out did not contribute much and in my mind were pretty shiite, apart from Taylor Morgan who was worse, but i get it.

Funny game football is, after the first game of the season I thought we were miles better than Airdrie. Now we are in free fall and have their old manager in charge. Shipped 7 goals in our last two games so that has to be sorted out quickly.

We cant really judge yet that Ferguson/MacDonald/Mackin/Hugo + any incoming are better (or stronger than the weaker?) than Shitsky/Morgan/McAleer/Smith/Morgan etc.

It's probably just wishful thinking at this stage but IMO Morgan, Hunter and Sumsky were just abysmal. I think there was more to Smith than we got to see, i think Bollan didnt utilise him well and he was rushed back from injury too soon. I'm not convinced the new guys are a massive improvement but we've certainly given the squad a better look already just by getting shot of those players.

We cant really judge yet that Ferguson/MacDonald/Mackin/Hugo + any incoming are better (or stronger than the weaker?) than Shitsky/Morgan/McAleer/Smith/Morgan etc.

It's probably just wishful thinking at this stage but IMO Morgan, Hunter and Sumsky were just abysmal. I think there was more to Smith than we got to see, i think Bollan didnt utilise him well and he was rushed back from injury too soon. I'm not convinced the new guys are a massive improvement but we've certainly given the squad a better look already just by getting shot of those players.

Completely agree with this, if nothing else it freshens the squad up and hopefully gets a bit of competition for the starting 11 going.

Going to go for a 3-1 home win, feel we should win this one after last weeks great performance (famous last words) but don't think we will keep a clean sheet. From the matches I have seen if Forfar decide to utilise the wide positions we will struggle, EWB seems to have the LB and RB tucking in to cover Crighton and Lithgow and leaving acres of space out wide. Hopefully just a teething problem at the moment but caused us a lot of issues against Peterhead.

Scott smith and mcaleer away??

What's the script with mcaleer a few seasons ago I thought he was a premier league player in the making.

Smith back to Dundee United and McAleer is away to Kilbirnie Ladeside on loan. Looked promising during his first loan spell but has never lived up to it since.

Archived