The Expanse

banana

Surprised there's no thread on this yet. Best TV space sci-fi since (and potentially up there with) the Battlestar Galactica remix imo, and similar industrial feel.

Focuses on humanity's colonisation of parts of the solar system, long enough on so that three separate 'cultures' have developed on Earth, Mars, and on colonies in and around the asteroid belt. Very easy on the eye, was obviously well thought out and budgeted.

Seaon 1 is 6 episodes in, highly recommended.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

There's a good torrent of the audio books available.

I saw the TV show first, loved it, read the first book (and downloaded the audiobooks illegally because I'm a scamp) and when I went back to watch the TV show got kinda annoyed at it because it's not like the book. Feel like a Game of Thrones fan.

But it is top quality TV. Cannae wait for the 2nd series.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
13 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

Season 3 is finally available in the UK but its moved from Netflix to Amazon.

The main positive about a long wait between season 2 and 3 is that we shouldn't have to wait long for season 4 to start.

Baws! Saw your post last night, and thought "brilliant, I'll binge that on my day off tomorrow".

Got about 10 mins into episode 1 and realised that I've actually seen Season 3 on my Firestick already.

Ah well, roll on Season 4.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 18/02/2020 at 23:51, wellboy1991 said:

I’m new to the Expanse party. Half way S3 and really enjoying it.

However one main gripe I have is the Belters accents. Part Afrikaans, Cockney & Welsh. Irritating as f**k at times.

I actually like that they have this almost impenetrable patois.  I think that it's realistic that in the hundred or so years that humans have been out mining in the belt that the gold rush of humanity that chose to leave an over crowded Earth would throw together dialects  from the whole planet and you'd end up with something like this.