Sign in to follow this  
football10

Ballon D'Or 2015:Messi back on top of world

Fat Ronaldo choked on the big occasion and never recovered his earlier form. CR7 has been the big dog for over a decade and has already shown a commanding presence on the touch line in the Euro 2016 final. The man will never stop being money.

18 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think that says a lot about you, tbh.

FWIW, I'm not convinced I'll be right now, Neymars move to PSG has completely killed any real chance he has of the Balon D'Or, I know he wanted to get away from Messi-centric Barca, but I can't see him reaching the same heights in Paris.

Good thing he won't be in Paris for long. 

7 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Fat Ronaldo choked on the big occasion and never recovered his earlier form. CR7 has been the big dog for over a decade and has already shown a commanding presence on the touch line in the Euro 2016 final. The man will never stop being money.

Do you mean like when he scored two goals in the world cup final?  That sort of big occasion yeah?

Do you mean like when he scored two goals in the world cup final?  That sort of big occasion yeah?

Bottled it in the big one (98) and flukes a couple 4 years later big deal.

Pet hate of mine is when people say "at his best" he was a better player. Why would we only  compare them at their best? Surely the fact that Cristiano has played at a ridiculously high level for 10 years is what makes him so good? Messi too for that matter 

Why should Cristiano have to whittle his career down to a few seasons so he can be compared to Brazilian Ronaldo? 

No way Mbappe and Griezmann have had a better year than Messi. Yes their team won the World Cup but this is supposed to be an individual award.

It’s been widely accepted for years as a popularity competition, nothing more.

For footballing ability alone, Messi would win it every year by a considerable distance. That’s fairly obvious for most people I’d assume.

It’s been widely accepted for years as a popularity competition, nothing more.

For footballing ability alone, Messi would win it every year by a considerable distance. That’s fairly obvious for most people I’d assume.

Top bait m8

Modric basically carried the Croatia team in the World Cup.

Guest JTS98

Individual awards are stupid in a team sport, but that aside...

I think people misunderstand what the award is supposed to be. It's not about 'the best player n the world' since that would be utterly pointless and just award the most talented person every year. What's to discuss?

It's about who made the biggest impact this year. Modric put his stamp all over the World Cup and won the Champions League. Hard to have a bigger impact than that. Of course Messi is consistently good, but that's not the point.

Also, anyone who thinks modern Ronaldo is better than fat Ronaldo is off their chump.