2016 Scottish Parliament Election

Elixir

I think I'm correct in saying that you can leave your constituency ballot blank/spoil it and your list vote will still be counted? If so, you could always just do that if no one standing in the constituency appeals to you and still have your list vote towards the party you do care for counted.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'm correct in saying that you can leave your constituency ballot blank/spoil it and your list vote will still be counted? If so, you could always just do that if no one standing in the constituency appeals to you and still have your list vote towards the party you do care for counted.

Aren't they different sheets of paper? They couldn't invalidate one for nothing on the other even if they wanted to.

:lol:

No.

I am passing no comment on what anyone should do in West of Scotland region.

So the top Lib Dem candidate is a thundering arse crack that even Ad Lib wont be voting for?

Brilliant :lol:

I'm probably going SNP constituency and Green on the list. I have the man himself P.Harvz in my constituency, but he's got a better chance on the list and I'd rather not let labour in via the backdoor.

Cat Boyd might get my list vote for RISE - that's probably my only possible shift at this stage.

So the top Lib Dem candidate is a thundering arse crack that even Ad Lib wont be voting for?

I'm probably going SNP constituency and Green on the list. I have the man himself P.Harvz in my constituency, but he's got a better chance on the list and I'd rather not let labour in via the backdoor.

Cat Boyd might get my list vote for RISE - that's probably my only possible shift at this stage.

I don't live in the West of Scotland.

:)

Did the Lib Dems change the list at all after Westminster elections or have you stayed with what was originally decided?

Didn't change. Would have been unconstitutional.

If it is unchanged, what's your issue with Katy Gordon? :D

I don't believe I said I had one. ;)

Didnt have a clue who the no mark was,so checked out her facebook page.......urgghhh my eyes my eyes ye gads she is a munter

She stood in Glasgow North in 2010 and, controversially, took the top list ranking in Glasgow at the 2011 election at the expense of sitting MSP Robert Brown, not that it mattered as we lost the seat anyway.

She was Jo Swinson's campaign manager in the 2015 election.

My list vote will be going to the Greens. My constituency vote is another matter, Fergus Ewing isn't really someone I want to vote for.

I'm in exactly the same predicament. I voted for Drew Hendry at the general election but there's just something about Fergus Ewing that turns me off. As far as the SNP go he must be their furthest right candidate and arguably wouldn't have been anywhere near as successful in his political career had it not been through an accident of birth.

Has it been announced yet who's even running in Inverness and Nairn? I seem to recollect last time there was only the four main parties, UKIP and the Christians (who are a dreadful, nasty, bigoted party).

Will there be a strong 'I want to ride that Cat Boyd' vote?

I'm in exactly the same predicament. I voted for Drew Hendry at the general election but there's just something about Fergus Ewing that turns me off. As far as the SNP go he must be their furthest right candidate and arguably wouldn't have been anywhere near as successful in his political career had it not been through an accident of birth.

Has it been announced yet who's even running in Inverness and Nairn? I seem to recollect last time there was only the four main parties, UKIP and the Christians (who are a dreadful, nasty, bigoted party).

There's only left wingers in the super left wing SNP.

Archived