2016 Scottish Parliament Election

Elixir

Anyone else a bit 'meh' about this? It's already a foregone conclusion, after all.

The Only Show in Town will run riot and the other minnows will be left with the scraps.

Don't think I'll have much interest in the debates etc as the unionist diddies will know fine well what's coming. It will just be an act.

Watching the Tories scrambling and weaseling about getting second place has been mildly amusing/cringeworthy but they still won't become the biggest opposition party.

Just looking forward to casting my vote then kicking back to enjoy another round of Brit carnage/humiliation/hilarity tbh.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm quite looking forward to seeing more utter humiliation heaped upon Labour. I despise the Tories, but it'd be outstandingly funny to see Dugdale and her cronies fucked into third place. Jabba Baillie losing her seat and the Lib Dems becoming increasingly irrelevant would also be splendid.

SLab will still come second but will lose further ground in the constituencies. They will prove conclusively before, during and after the election that they have learned the square root of f**k all about what has happened to the political landscape in Scotland in the last few years.

Hopefully people aren't daft enough to vote SNP in the list vote as well, unless they want to give the britnat shitebags a helping hand.

I'll be giving the SNP my list vote (Lothian) so at the very least they hoover up Margo MacDonald's old seat. The Green's will retain their one here anyway and they won't get any more than one per region. In the real world there's zero chance of every SNP supporter giving them that level of support.

RISE... :lol:

Admit i'm interested in seeing if Labour can lose in Glasgow and the other Labour heartlands they held on to in 2011.

Paul Martin for one up in Glasgow Provan.

They'll get pumped rotten in these areas. They might not win a single constituency nationwide.

Hopefully people aren't daft enough to vote SNP in the list vote as well, unless they want to give the britnat shitebags a helping hand.

There's a good chance SNP voters who dont understand the scottish election system will do just that.

They will pick the SNP candidate and put the SNP as number 1 on the list.

It will also be intetesting to see how the greens get on through the list vote.

Can you imagine the riddy if you live in the sole Scottish constituency that returns a Labour MSP?

Would be similar to the brasser felt by those in Edinburgh South when they realised last May that they alone returned a Labour trougher.

I'm hugely looking forward to seeing several high profile (as high profile as MSPs get) Labour MSPs getting their jotters. As Granny Danger says, Slab will learn precisely f**k all from this drubbing and will blindly continue in their SNPbad death rattle.

Can you imagine the riddy if you live in the sole Scottish constituency that returns a Labour MSP?

Would be similar to the brasser felt by those in Edinburgh South when they realised last May that they alone returned a Labour trougher.

I'm hugely looking forward to seeing several high profile (as high profile as MSPs get) Labour MSPs getting their jotters. As Granny Danger says, Slab will learn precisely f**k all from this drubbing and will blindly continue in their SNPbad death rattle.

#champagneOnlce

A lot can happen in four months politically, so think there is a danger of complacency from the SNP.With the Corbyn/Dugdale duo leading Labour on the one hand and the Tories and Lib Dems still toxic for most people on the other, it's difficult to see what serious challenge could emerge at this point in the constituency section. Will be interesting to see how well the SNP vote holds up on the regional list as that's probably still the key to another stable outright majority and where there is the most scope for surprising things to happen due to a complacent campaign.

A lot can happen in four months politically, so think there is a danger of complacency from the SNP.With the Corbyn/Dugdale duo leading Labour on the one hand and the Tories and Lib Dems still toxic for most people on the other, it's difficult to see what serious challenge could emerge at this point in the constituency section. Will be interesting to see how well the SNP vote holds up on the regional list as that's probably still the key to another stable outright majority and where there is the most scope for surprising things to happen due to a complacent campaign.

The SNP are well ahead in all the polls and will win easy but i cant see any complacency setting in,dont think sturgeon would let that happen.

Out of interest what's the best way for SNP supporter's to vote on the list vote,is it to vote SNP or another party like the greens ??

Archived