linlithgow rose v irvine meadow

meadow30

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know but I helped put them down last week and they are very flimsy and were damaged removing them. Also there is a breeze today and we were lucky last week they never blew off the park as the slightest breeze would do that. Looking outside there is a slight wind today which would in my opinion blow them all over the place. I would imagine the club will need to re-invest in better quality covers for next season if that is seen as a priority

Leaving them off in hope its cancelled more like so don't get injuries etc for forfar game ;-)

It will hardly matter what is said on here will it? If the covers are fucked then that's all there is to it. We don't have whole pitch covers either so partial might not be enough anyway. And if anyone thinks we are prioritising another game over a junior cup tie then they're mental.

It will hardly matter what is said on here will it? If the covers are fucked then that's all there is to it. We don't have whole pitch covers either so partial might not be enough anyway. And if anyone thinks we are prioritising another game over a junior cup tie then they're mental.

Q a reply from Joe Sheep!!!!!!!

Leaving them off in hope its cancelled more like so don't get injuries etc for forfar game ;-)

That sensible......piss them off and wind them up just before we play them.

Sure if they can get it on they will. No teams like a backlog of games building.

Think there will unfortunately be many call offs tomorrow.

I haven't book a train south as not confident yet.

That sensible......piss them off and wind them up just before we play them.

Sure if they can get it on they will. No teams like a backlog of games building.

Think there will unfortunately be many call offs tomorrow.

I haven't book a train south as not confident yet.

Don't be so naive fella, with their biggest game of their season coming up on Tuesday night, with the potential of premiership opposition in the next round, they wouldn't be too fussed about tomorrow's game being off & quite rightly so.

Loads of games will fall to the weather tomorrow & with predicted overnight temperatures as low as -5, this may well have been one of them. However by not putting down covers that are available, they are not making every effort to get the game on.

Biggest game of the season is against Medda on Sat for me because there's a realistic chance of getting further in the junior cup,big Scottish is a bonus and I don't think you'll get many if any not want to see the game on the morra.

Don't be so naive fella, with their biggest game of their season coming up on Tuesday night, with the potential of premiership opposition in the next round, they wouldn't be too fussed about tomorrow's game being off & quite rightly so.

Loads of games will fall to the weather tomorrow & with predicted overnight temperatures as low as -5, this may well have been one of them. However by not putting down covers that are available, they are not making every effort to get the game on.

Not naive.....

Junior Cup is bigger than senior,

Meadow and Rose can win the Junior Cup (and it been too many bloody years since we last won it),

If at the end of the season Linlithgow Rose would rather have a cheque from the SFA for losing in the 4th or 5th round of the senior cup and some gate receipts over having the Junior Cup on the shelf I will be very surprised.

Doubt you will find anyone connected with the Rose that would not opt for the cup.

And has been stated in previous posts the are only partial covers, may have been damaged last week and not suitable for use in high winds.

I happy they will get game on if they can.

Not naive.....

Junior Cup is bigger than senior,

Meadow and Rose can win the Junior Cup (and it been too many bloody years since we last won it),

If at the end of the season Linlithgow Rose would rather have a cheque from the SFA for losing in the 4th or 5th round of the senior cup and some gate receipts over having the Junior Cup on the shelf I will be very surprised.

Doubt you will find anyone connected with the Rose that would not opt for the cup.

And has been stated in previous posts the are only partial covers, may have been damaged last week and not suitable for use in high winds.

I happy they will get game on if they can.

Great post.

Unfortunately the great run in the SFA cup can't help but be a distraction (albeit a pleasant one) and that concerns me. I for one certainly put winning the Junior Cup and League top of my wish list every time.

Archived