Alloa v Morton - 16/01/16

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is must-win for us, with two defeats in our last two league games and Rangers & Hibs up next. A defeat here would mean we're in very real danger of 0 points for 15 which would be a disaster.

Forbes in the middle please.

Those stats are frightening. :(

Those stats are frightening. :(

Well, we've only played two of the five games so far, and we have to expect to get the better of Alloa.

Anyway, remember the words of the great Ebbe Skovdal: "Statistics are like mini skirts, they give you great ideas but hide the most important things" .

McD was improving until Danny dropped him, prone to an error yes but still a much better keeper than McNeil.

McNeil had a good game the other night. Commanded his area well and made some good saves when called upon.

It's a hard 1 to call who's the better keeper between him and Mcd. Think people let how much a good guy Mcd is to cloud their judgement. He made his fair share of howlers last year as well!

If anything McNeils experience probably shaves it for him being better IMO. Think a lot of people have been a bit harsh of their criticism of him simply cause their minds where made up about him before he even played a game. Myself included!

McD was improving until Danny dropped him, prone to an error yes but still a much better keeper than McNeil.

I thought his form had dropped off by that point and that he deserved to be dropped. He certainly gave his all and had some solid performances. He was in goals for some of Alloa's most famous results. Ultimately though, I don't think he was good enough. Decent back up but had we signed a half decent first choice he wouldn't have played.

Ross Caldwell looked like he had ability but couldn't be bothered trying. The exact opposite of the loan striker he replaced, Declan McManus. McManus has certainly done more since. Wonder if the penny has dropped with Caldwell yet.

Another tough game at the weekend but the kind we need to get something from. We need to keep it tight as we have in the last couple of games and hopefully take the chances when they come.

McNeil had a good game the other night. Commanded his area well and made some good saves when called upon.

It's a hard 1 to call who's the better keeper between him and Mcd. Think people let how much a good guy Mcd is to cloud their judgement. He made his fair share of howlers last year as well!

If anything McNeils experience probably shaves it for him being better IMO. Think a lot of people have been a bit harsh of their criticism of him simply cause their minds where made up about him before he even played a game. Myself included!

I think the problem with mcd is any time he started to grow confidence and gain a but momentum he would somehow be dropped. I don't think McNeill is as bad as alot make out and gets used as a scapegoat sometimes, the only thing I don't understand is why DC is on the bench and McNeill is starting.

I think the problem with mcd is any time he started to grow confidence and gain a but momentum he would somehow be dropped. I don't think McNeill is as bad as alot make out and gets used as a scapegoat sometimes, the only thing I don't understand is why DC is on the bench and McNeill is starting.

Probably due to the fact McNeil is the goalkeeping coach IMO.

Archived