Garth Marenghis Darkplace - Repeats starting on Gold

D.A.F.C

Dagless: The cabin crew suggested we all go out and club it. I had no option. It was that or one of their B&Bs. I figured it'd be safer on the streets. For the first time ever I saw the Scotch in their natural habitat, and it weren't pretty. I'd seen them huddling in stations before, being loud but… this time I was surrounded. Everywhere I went it felt like they were watching me; fish-white flesh puckered by the Highland breeze; tight eyes peering out for fresh meat; screechy, booze-soaked voices hollering out for a taxi to take 'em halfway up the road to the next all-night watering hole. A shatter of glass; a round of applause; a sixteen-year-old mother of three vomiting in an open sewer, bairns looking on, chewing on potato cakes. I ain’t never going back… not never.

Sanchez: My aunt lives in Scotland; she says it's quite nice.

Dagless: Well, she's wrong.

Bonkers that they didn't commission more episodes. f**k the repeats; just buy the DVD, as there's a load of great extras on there.

Still hoping they do more one day, with the conceit that someone's commissioned Garth and Dean to do a reboot, seeing as how everything gets remade.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Recently introduced the wean to Darkplace.

We're gradually working through the Matt Berry back catalogue now. He fucking loves a bit of Toast.

Toast is brilliant. Wish they would do another series.

• 5 months later...

I hadn't realised that the characters in Darkplace originally came from a couple of stage shows at the Edinburgh Festival.

Pity that they don't seem to have been recorded for posterity  :(

• 2 years later...