Scottish Cup East Kilbride/Lothian Thistle v Celtic

holsten

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there really no chance of getting in tonight without a ticket? I was looking forward to going to this one as a neutral but couldn't get down to the stadium on Saturday as I was at another game. What's the chances they'll squeeze an extra few in on the night if people show up?

Is there really no chance of getting in tonight without a ticket? I was looking forward to going to this one as a neutral but couldn't get down to the stadium on Saturday as I was at another game. What's the chances they'll squeeze an extra few in on the night if people show up?

Yellow high viz jaiket time.

Managed to get a ticket, looking forward to it. The astro isn't that bad either, it plays like any other astro pitch.

All the best to both teams

Sadly the pitch is one of the worst astro pitches being used at the moment its a shocker

Also having a tractor spread salt on it from Saturday wont help

Managed to get a ticket, looking forward to it. The astro isn't that bad either, it plays like any other astro pitch.

It's not. Having played on the peffermill, ochilview, spartans and EK in the last 18 months it's by far the worst of those and as such cant be seen as the same. It does however play better than it looks but that's because due to the black pellets and lights it does look absolutely horrific.

Absolute disgrace the SFA have denied them the opportunity to register a new goalkeeper for this game. Can you imagine Celtic having Gordon, Bailly, Fasan out injured and were forced to play a young boy(never mind an outfield player) in goals in one of there biggest games of the season. I'm almost 100% sure the SFA would have bent the rules for any big clubs in that position. There has always been dispensation made for the goalkeeping position.

Absolute disgrace the SFA have denied them the opportunity to register a new goalkeeper for this game. Can you imagine Celtic having Gordon, Bailly, Fasan out injured and were forced to play a young boy(never mind an outfield player) in goals in one of there biggest games of the season. I'm almost 100% sure the SFA would have bent the rules for any big clubs in that position. There has always been dispensation made for the goalkeeping position.

Could they need the opposition to agree?

Always been the rules. Think spartans benefitted from it a few years back as Elgin actually played an ineligible keeper for a game?

I think lothian have been underprepared here. They should have had a keeper signed to play in case swain was injured- certainly they would have had one on the bench and given the possible rewards ( turned out to be massive) at this stage of the comp I think it's almost negligent of them to not have had an experienced back up signed. This could have been a loan or a short term deal- if swain gets injured in the first min of the original game ( had it gone ahead) what then?

Do you not have to name a sub keeper on the bench? If so, where's the second choice?

Harsh that the SFA haven't bent the rules slightly for LT/HV, and like an earlier poster said, I'm sure they would've for Celtic or Rangers.

Good luck to both sides tonight though

Archived