Scottish Cup East Kilbride/Lothian Thistle v Celtic

holsten

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off Topic

I wonder if they did or is it just hearsay?

If it was played, you might have thought they would have bought a decent set of lights with the money that game must have generated . ;)

Lets hope that either EK or LTHV invest the proceeds wisely.

Just think Cic if you didn't have lights you'd have had an extra hour in the pub to drown your sorrows after that scudding yous got on Saturday ... :P

Off Topic

I wonder if they did or is it just hearsay?

If it was played, you might have thought they would have bought a decent set of lights with the money that game must have generated . ;)

Lets hope that either EK or LTHV invest the proceeds wisely.

I know your just winding the WW boys up, but I'm sure they spent the Celtic cup money on new changing rooms and putting the roof on the terrace (now seated stand).

I know your just winding the WW boys up, but I'm sure they spent the Celtic cup money on new changing rooms and putting the roof on the terrace (now seated stand).

Aye Cic's just trying to get a bite off Newky, Ferguson Park was pretty basic back then. You ask oor wee secretary and he'll be eager to tell you Hibs made more from that game than we did :whistle:

Meadowbank might be an option? Still an edinburgh leisure facility like saughton. Prob still capable of housing 5 or 6 thousand

Polis used to put the kybosh on Meadowbank Thistle playing the Old Firm or Hibs and Hearts at the Commonwealth Stadium. Meadowbank played "Home" games against Rangers at Tynecastle, Hearts at Brockville and Hibs at Starks Park.

Celtic have played at Meadowbank though- their youth team played a pre-season friendly against Edinburgh City a few years ago...

Livingston would probably be glad to get a slice of the gate hosting a LTHV v Celtic game given some of the rumours we hear re finances...

Aye Cic's just trying to get a bite off Newky, Ferguson Park was pretty basic back then. You ask oor wee secretary and he'll be eager to tell you Hibs made more from that game than we did :whistle:

Aye but let's not forget mantis they've heard it all before eh ;)

Surely a note of caution to BOTH clubs :o

Livingston is the last place that should get it. They have deliberately ruined years of competitions with their cheating. They are worse than Rangers.

Wow, some claim! if you mean by living well beyond their means, there are bigger clubs than Livvy who are equally culpable in that regard!

Why did they not call themselves Lothian Vale instead of the we can't agree one as our programme on Wed night will struggle to cover the full one. Should charge extra for the ink lol!!

Hutchison Thistle sounds better. Or even Hutchison Lothian Thistle. It sounds like two names one after the other just now, which it is.

Why did they not call themselves Lothian Vale instead of the we can't agree one as our programme on Wed night will struggle to cover the full one. Should charge extra for the ink lol!!

Neither of the two names willing to concede to the other, despite the merger. Hutchie looking to have the full name involved as they have a big history and huge current kids section. Lothian and the people involved not willing to have a full takeover with Hutchie taking the name. It's silly politics but it's about people who care not wanting to see a name die.

Archived