Scottish Cup East Kilbride/Lothian Thistle v Celtic

holsten

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's not forget it's the 20th anniversary shortly of when we were at HOME to Celtic at EASTER ROAD. Don't think Celtic are allowed home advantage so as HJ says defo neutral ground ;)

did Whitehill play Celtic in the Scottish? You never hear much about that. Gosh, next I'll be learning that Engerlund won the World Cup 50 years ago and Celtic won the European Cup... ;)

was hoping to pop along to the EK v LTHV replay out of curiosity... oh well....

For those who mentioned Tynecastle for LTHV, Scotland play England at murrayfield in the six nations on the Saturday meaning the Edinburgh derby will be moved to Sunday, cant see the police wanting Celtic to be playing so close to Murrayfield either.

So many EK fans already thinking they have the game won on Twitter i think by now and the teams Lothian have beat they are defo no mugs

Said the same last night mate. Thought it was bad patter for the club to retweet so many that didn't respect the fact that they had a game to win first.

K-Park would be incredible, would be able to watch from the hill at the swing park provided they dont put anything in the way (which they probably would).

Not a hope in Hell of the police allowing EK's park to be used. No parking, not much room to erect temporary stands even if they wanted and a perimeter that would be really difficult to monitor. Plus the angry muppet brigade would be flinging flares onto the plastic pitch. EK would lose out massively on revenue so they would be daft to try to have the game at their own park. It would be a lot of hassle for them for not a great deal of reward. Far better taking it to Hamilton or somewhere else quite close. This will be a one-off money-making exercise for them and I'm sure that, whatever the players and management team might want, that will be the guiding factor.

Anyway, hope they overcome LTHV and Bilko gets the chance to plan Celtic's downfall.

EKFC website now saying:-

Due to the increased interest in the 4th Round tie against Lothian Thistle HV, further information about the spectator / supporter admission arrangement will be announced in full on Tuesday. Please continue to monitor the website and our social media for updates.....

Give us a break :lol: nothing wrong with people tweeting about being excited about the possibility of playing celtic! Not once have the club been disrespectful to Lothian (who are a very good side and will make for a great game on wednesday). On radio clyde the manager kept mentioning them and giving them credit. Nothing wrong with the club re tweeting the fans excitement about what could be the biggest game in the clubs history.

Said the same last night mate. Thought it was bad patter for the club to retweet so many that didn't respect the fact that they had a game to win first.

Exactly mate i geniunly hope Hutchie do it being an ex huchie player myself i would love for the club to get into the last 16 against Celtic and ive already played against EK this season granted very good side but so are Lothian and they have proven they are no mugs atall very disrespectfull from EK thinking they have it wrapped up

Obviously a bit green eyed Davy? Not once has anyone from the club indicated the game is "wrapped up" Can't blame fans for being excited. Lothian a great club who ek have had three great games against (all edged by one goal) You should be happy that ek are doing the league proud

Not a hope in Hell of the police allowing EK's park to be used. No parking, not much room to erect temporary stands even if they wanted and a perimeter that would be really difficult to monitor. Plus the angry muppet brigade would be flinging flares onto the plastic pitch. EK would lose out massively on revenue so they would be daft to try to have the game at their own park. It would be a lot of hassle for them for not a great deal of reward. Far better taking it to Hamilton or somewhere else quite close. This will be a one-off money-making exercise for them and I'm sure that, whatever the players and management team might want, that will be the guiding factor.

Anyway, hope they overcome LTHV and Bilko gets the chance to plan Celtic's downfall.

Larkhall is quite close. Play it there.

Off Topic

did Whitehill play Celtic in the Scottish? You never hear much about that.

I wonder if they did or is it just hearsay?

If it was played, you might have thought they would have bought a decent set of lights with the money that game must have generated . ;)

Lets hope that either EK or LTHV invest the proceeds wisely.

Obviously a bit green eyed Davy? Not once has anyone from the club indicated the game is "wrapped up" Can't blame fans for being excited. Lothian a great club who ek have had three great games against (all edged by one goal) You should be happy that ek are doing the league proud

Will allways be happy seeing lower league clubs do well and i wish the best to both clubs but being an ex hutchie man i would love to see my old club progress

did Whitehill play Celtic in the Scottish? You never hear much about that. Gosh, next I'll be learning that Engerlund won the World Cup 50 years ago and Celtic won the European Cup... ;)

was hoping to pop along to the EK v LTHV replay out of curiosity... oh well....

Fs tam was merely pointing out that the game CANNOT be played at Celtic Park no matter the opposition!!

Archived