The Famous Heart Of Midlothian v Lanarkshire's Finest Saturday 16

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sitting near the away fans today I noticed two broad types of Well fans :-

- the ones who inexplicably left after the third goal with two thirds of the game still remaining ( what is that all about?)

- the really annoying ones who kept beating that drum relentlessly and singing the same dire songs over and and over and over again

Some people say that this creates a good atmosphere but for me fans beating a drum and churning out the same non descript songs time after time is soul destroying. Even losing a barrowload of goals couldnt quieten them.

Sitting near the away fans today I noticed two broad types of Well fans :-

- the ones who inexplicably left after the third goal with two thirds of the game still remaining ( what is that all about?)

- the really annoying ones who kept beating that drum relentlessly and singing the same dire songs over and and over and over again

Some people say that this creates a good atmosphere but for me fans beating a drum and churning out the same non descript songs time after time is soul destroying. Even losing a barrowload of goals couldnt quieten them.

Outstanding post.

A dig at fans for leaving followed up with a dig at fans for staying .

Idiot.

Can they condense it down to an hour?

Nae replays I suppose

If there was a full replay, I'd surely watch it - Motherwell had a decent spell at the start of the second half -other than that, we were dominant.

I'm fairly rekt, but I'm hame now - I've ordered a Chinese, and I have bottles of beer - tomorrow will be a write-off. Good times.

1-0 Hearts...game over. Just a question of how many now I reckon.

Just the six.

Consider yourself lucky you never got the Cowdenbeath treatment in the end.

greggy.png

We have to be worried here. Generally need our best 11 starting.

Yes, yes you do.

greggy.png

Interesting.

Don't play that way v Celtic

Don't play that way v Aberdeen.

Save a worldy performance for a team destined for the relegation playoff fight.

Good timing.

Think you'll find we played well against Sellick and very well against the Sheep, Gav.

Bang average.

This result says a lot more about Motherwell than it does about Hearts.

OYF. :D

Jesus.

To put that in context, in terms of score, that's the worst humping I've witnessed in 30 years of going to Tynecastle. We've been outplayed far more by infinitely better Hearts teams in that time of course but still...

When a team playing well gets pumped like that - the manager needs to take 100% of the blame - and he fully deserves it today.

I can take a bad result but the day was complete when I was - badly - patronised by a middle-class hearts fan in the pub afterwards - he even said that "it's great that your team do so well coming from a town that has nothing" :lol:

Jesus.

To put that in context, in terms of score, that's the worst humping I've witnessed in 30 years of going to Tynecastle. We've been outplayed far more by infinitely better Hearts teams in that time of course but still...

When a team playing well gets pumped like that - the manager needs to take 100% of the blame - and he fully deserves it today.

I can take a bad result but the day was complete when I was - badly - patronised by a middle-class hearts fan in the pub afterwards - he even said that "it's great that your team do so well coming from a town that has nothing" :lol:

Typical Edinburgh tosspot. Sadly though there are some Motherwell fans who would share that view. A wee club from a wee town etc etc :rolleyes:

Motherwell were lucky it was only 6. Ripley should have been sent off at first penalty and we had a decent call for a handball in the box in the second half. Add this to having the ball in the net a further twice six nil flatters Motherwell.

Hearts were brilliant today for most of the match but were a bit slack at the start of the second half. Fortunately Motherwell were not able to get back into it but we missed numerous chances too at 3 nil.

Today seriously reminded me of last season. Easily sweeping aside inferior teams with a lot to spare.

Motherwell were lucky it was only 6. Ripley should have been sent off at first penalty and we had a decent call for a handball in the box in the second half. Add this to having the ball in the net a further twice six nil flatters Motherwell.

Hearts were brilliant today for most of the match but were a bit slack at the start of the second half. Fortunately Motherwell were not able to get back into it but we missed numerous chances too at 3 nil.

Today seriously reminded me of last season. Easily sweeping aside inferior teams with a lot to spare.

You also should have had a penalty for handball in the first half when it blatantly came off an outstretched hand in the wall.

Feck off u CHUNT.

Can't you see we are hurting here. Last thing we need is a smug poster telling us how lucky we are it was only 6

Only thing worse than a bad loser is a bad winner.

we will move on and hope it is a blip. A result like this can do some serious damage to the confidence.

Archived