The Famous Heart Of Midlothian v Lanarkshire's Finest Saturday 16

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's not a side in Scotland that could have lived with us today.

Outstanding.

Like, not trying to say hearts weren't good today, but we didn't even make you work for it today. Two stone wall penalties, and I don't think we won a second ball for 90 minutes. Barely a contest.

Gavin Reilly seems to have forced his way into hearts team.

Hows he playing

For me, he has been one of the key reasons for our recent form. His pressing and work rate is outstanding and has rubbed off through out the team.

He a fast, tricky player with lots of intelligence. Have to admit I was close to writing him off but what a difference in him recently.

Like, not trying to say hearts weren't good today, but we didn't even make you work for it today. Two stone wall penalties, and I don't think we won a second ball for 90 minutes. Barely a contest.

Not having a dig but every fan who's team got beat 6-0 is going to say similar. Truth is Motherwell got what we've been threatening to do all year.

Hearts equal best winning margin against Motherwell.

First 6-0 in a competitive match. Although there was a 7-1 in 1955.

Motherwell have been a really hard team for Hearts for the last 6 years. Just 5 wins since the 2010s began and 2 of them were this season.

Most pleasing thing today was our hunger and desire to score more even though the game was over as a contest.

Played some lovely stuff and most importantly taking our chances when on occasion we've not finished teams off this season whilst dominating.

Paterson, Djoum, Prince and Reilly were my pick but a thoroughly professional performance from the start.

Worthwhile trip for the well fans who fucked off after 25 minutes. ;)

McGhee has deserved credit recently but that starting line up was an absolute shambles. Playing Hammell right back was awful, I like josh law the right back but he's an invisible lost boy centre midfield and joe chalmers makes me pray for the return of Tony Straker he's just not good enough for this level. The three of them had shockers as did many of their teammates.

What pissed me off about it is the fact he never changed it I was calling for it to be changed after 15 minutes. It's no use McGhee banging on about giving youth a chance then doing that. If I was Cadden or watt I'd be very disappointed in not getting a chance today.

Hearts fully deserved their win they totally dominated and overpowered us it was like men verses boys pretty much all over. Hearts were a wee bit fortunate not to concede a couple of penalties of their own for holding and blocking in the box.

Hopefully this result forces McGhee to bring in a couple of centre mids.

^^^^^seething^^^^^

If we are bang average then what the f**k does that make Motherwell :o

We are a poor outfit and no getting away from it.

We've had a good run of late but that papered over a number of cracks and blinded many folk to our weaknesses. The fact that we made a pigs ear of it against Accies a fortnight ago and struggled to retain possession and were fortunate to keep a clean sheet against a side no better than a junior outfit last week in the cup rang alarm bells. A hammering today was on the cards given our absentees and glaring weaknesses but to lose 6-0 to any other SPFL side is an embarrassment.

Well done to Hearts but they won't get an easier game than that all season.

Archived