The Famous Heart Of Midlothian v Lanarkshire's Finest Saturday 16

After the excitement of eliminating Aberdeen and Cove Rangers it's back to League business.

Hearts defence had been worryingly accident prone running up to the cup tie conceding 6 in the last 3.

Motherwell's recent form has been on the up but nonetheless Hearts are odds on favourites

Current Best Odds

Hearts 4/5 (Sky bet)

Draw 14/5 (Stan James)

Motherwell 4/1 (Bet Fred)

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4/1 is a big price for Motherwell considering the form they've been in. That said, if we play at our best we should win, would like to see us go on a bit of a run and put the pressure on Aberdeen in 2nd.

I'd probably keep the same team for Saturday that started the Aberdeen game, can't mess with the back 4 and Djoum, Pallardo & Buaben all done well in the middle.

People have (rightly) been commenting on our good form, including the Cove Rangers game in the cup we're now unbeaten in 6. A run which started with the 2-2 draw with Hearts at Fir Park. Since then McGhee has very clearly found his best XI and shape. The only change we've seen to the side that started against Hearts is Ben Hall was given a shot at centre half and has kept his place. Other than that it's been the same team week in, week out.

Lasley's suspended for this on after his sending off for the 2nd yellow in the game against Accies which gives us a problem in so much as we've been settled and competitive playing with a midfield 3 of Grimshaw, Lasley and Pearson. With Lasley out there's no obvious experienced replacement there to do his job so we'd either be going baws oot with a flat 4 in the middle and playing Ainsworth and Johnson or taking a chance on moving Grimshaw in to Lasley's role and starting Cadden or sticking Laing in midfield in Lasley's position.

That is of course assuming Grimshaw's loan is extended from Man United which the club are apparently hopeful of securing this week but I don't think there's been any official word beyond that yet. Otherwise that's another player missing from our settled XI.

With all the various permutations and potential inexperience in the middle I'd definitely take a draw here.

In wonder if he will be tempted to drop McDonald deeper given how well he has shown he can play in midfield if need be (vs Rangers at Ibrox he was outstanding in that role). I wouldn't like to see it as he is in great form as a striker but it's an option I guess....

In wonder if he will be tempted to drop McDonald deeper given how well he has shown he can play in midfield if need be (vs Rangers at Ibrox he was outstanding in that role). I wouldn't like to see it as he is in great form as a striker but it's an option I guess....

Did he not start there in the first game at Tynecastle and have a shocker?

Did he not start there in the first game at Tynecastle and have a shocker?

Yep - "shocker" is exactly the way I would sum up the first few months of the season from McDonald - night and day now though. Since (and including) the win at Parkhead, he has been absolutely outstanding.

This will be my first time at Tynecastle, quite looking forward to it considering our recent form, whats the overall Tynecastle experience like Hearts fans?

Anyway reckon it'll either be 1-1 or 2-1 to Motherwell

Tynecastle is magic.

Have to agree with that - best away venue in the league and I'm glad it's back in the Premiership...

also agree, best away trip out the lot. Beats the Celtic Park "experience " by a mile

What makes it the best away trip?

Is it the atmosphere? Pubs close by?

I love it because I love Hearts. I just wonder why so many away fans like it.

Archived