EAST REGION PREMIER

undercover agent

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to the Edinburgh Dalkeith game today. Was actually not to bad a game. Dalkeith probably deserved the win with the amount of chances they created especially in the 1st half although Edinburgh had 2 great chances of there own 1st half, brilliant save from the Dalkeith goalie and a goal

Mouth scramble couldn't tell if the ball crossed the line from where we were. 2nd half much more even cracking winning goal from the Dalkeith player. both goalies played well, the small centre midfielder for Edinburgh (sorry don't know names), Dalkeith centre half and centre midfielder number 8 played well on a bumpy park. The young Edinburgh player who kicked the Dalkeith striker was a bit lucky the ref never seen it, the reaction of the forward was a bit over the top and hope nothing happened after the game. 😂

So, with none of the top 4 in league action last weekend it's time to have a look at the relegation zone and to see if the previous two seasons can give us any clues as to what will happen this year - I fear the answer is no :D

13/14

13-14_zpschjnbu0v.jpg

14/15

14-15_zpsbmfsch3s.jpg

4 went down in 13/14 but only 3 in 14/15. 37pts is the first mark I'll put down as a target for safety - 1.23pts/game. Also each of the two previous two seasons looks to have had the bottom team pretty well detached with things tighter in the next few positions. A look at the current table might suggest that isn't happening this year

table_zps9we0wnz8.jpg

A quick look at the pts/game table shows that, similar to the top, this season may pan out quite differently than the previous two seasons; fully half the teams below or only just above my safety guess. You could argue that there's a significant enough gap between 11th and 12th in this ranking but no team looks as though they're going to be utterly detached. 

rel_zpsn12c4lwu.jpg

They have been playing well Albertz so all credit to they management and players, it looks as anything above 38ish points is safe with both seasons 35and36points got the bottom teams relegated. I think Montrose and Edinburgh could go, also Thornton , not sure on the other team tho but four going down is a joke to be honest.

Bathgate have to kill teams off in first half as last couple of weeks have shown they make it hard for themselves in the second half but agree with you 4 going down is shocking

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Yep, I've got to agree, Ben deserves a huge amount of credit for the work he does at Creamery Park.

Who's got the best playing surface in the east premier I think Bathgate groundsman Ben at the creamery does a fantastic job

Jeanfields pitch must be up there as one of the best? I've not been to many grounds out of Perth but from what I see it's always in good Nic

I'll b down there this wkd to take in the game against Bathgate, jeanfield have stuttered the last few weeks and I think an away win is on the cards from an improving Bathgate side

Jeanfields pitch must be up there as one of the best? I've not been to many grounds out of Perth but from what I see it's always in good Nic

I'll b down there this wkd to take in the game against Bathgate, jeanfield have stuttered the last few weeks and I think an away win is on the cards from an improving Bathgate side

That'll no please albertz!!

Bathgate have to kill teams off in first half as last couple of weeks have shown they make it hard for themselves in the second half but agree with you 4 going down is shocking

How do you find it shocking? 2 up from the north and south leagues is pretty fair I'd say?

You'll be able to see for yourself mate when Whitburn are in the premier (ya rocket)

Hope so mate,big game on Saturday first to contend with.Wasny slating your ground mate,one of the best in the region but admiring Perth junior expert's confidence in predicting an away win over use on Saturday!!!

Apart from the 4 times already this year it has had postponed matches.

Yeah true it must b really bad eh everyone else's games were on too

Feb 27th Jeanfield Postponed beautiful sunny day.

Lets see if anyone else played locally.  Brechin, Coupar Angus, Downfield, North End, Glenrothes, Thornton (even), Hill o Beath, St Andrews, Dundonald, Kennoway, Oakley all survived

Feb 20th Jeanfield Postponed

North End, Scone, East Craigie, Montrose, Tayport, Coupar Angus, Lochee Harp, Forfar West End, Carnoustie all survived.

So yes Mr expert

Due to high trees which block the sun the bottom goal of our park was frozen those days. Had to be early inspections as it was Deveronside & Dalkeith & both times that bottom goal was still not playable come kick off

Archived