EAST REGION PREMIER

undercover agent

We should be thankful for small mercies then Al!!????

Without taking any games in??? Really??

These forums are all about opinions Mr Expert. If you continue to focus on the negatives then so be it.

I'll continue to focus on the positives.

We could meet up at the next home game and watch it together and discuss the "shambles" that they are.????

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

That's right, top 2 are automatic and 3rd place play off. I think Dundonald and Jeanfield will be hard to stop and Lochee in a strong position to push on for 3rd and possibly the top 2. The bottom as always is very hard to gauge with a few wins can be up to mid table.

Sure to be a few twists and turns in the promotion race a would think.  Although ourselves Jeanfield and Lochee are in good positions at the moment theres a lot of football still to be played.

Still think Jeanfield are the team to beat.

Well, I suppose it's well past time I tried to produce a stat attack for the Premier League. Not quite as easy as for the South Division given that this is only the 3rd season of the new 16 team setup - so "trends" are hard to come by. But I'll do my best - first up, a bit of history

Top 4 in 13/14 - Name, pts, pts/game, defeats

Penicuik   64, 2.13,  6
Fauldhouse 59, 1.97,  5
Dalkeith   56, 1.87,  8
Jeanfield  54, 1.80, 10

Top 4 in 14/15 - Name, pts, pts/game, defeats

Tayport    60, 2.00,  8
St Andrews 57, 1.90,  9
Broughty   55, 1.83,  7
Dalkeith   55, 1.83,  9

As I say, hard to pick any markers out. 60 pts has been enough to clinch the title, 57 the runner-up promotion slot and 56 for the play-off place. No team has managed the top 3 having suffered more than 9 defeats. Absolutely no guarantee for this season though as we'll see.

So, current table is

table_zpsgwhqrfy7.jpg

Perhaps, this becomes slightly more informative if we take the current pts/game leader-board

ptsper_zpsjgdch1sv.jpg

No-one is going to be at all surprised that we have three obvious front-runners at this stage of the season with a busy "peloton" trying to catch them. What is worth highlighting though is that those three are all still above 2pts/game. Looking back, you'll see that only the previous two champions banked that %age with the challengers falling just short. If the current form continues then this season's top three will easily eclipse (points-wise) the previous seasons' efforts. Similarly for defeats suffered. 

Current form over the last 6 league games - obviously the winter postponements means we might not be comparing like with like but...

last6_zpsikulfmea.jpg

Top 6 goal machines so far are (goals for per game):

Lochee 3.44, Jeanfield 3.29, Dundonald 2.47, Falkirk 2.20, Haddington 2.13, Armadale 2.11

Meanest defences (goals against per games):

Dundonald 1.05, Arniston 1.40, Lochee 1.56, Haddington 1.57, Forfar WE 1.65, Jeanfield 1.71

As with the South Division, there's never quite the match with the league table - and often a perhaps unexpected name crops up

[Edited: Haven't talked about the relegation struggle. I'll check that later]

Archived