EAST REGION PREMIER

undercover agent

But they cheated to win😂 of course the other team should get the 3 points

They did not cheat they were advised by the SFA that the 17 year old player was clear to play but the SFA did not mention reinstatement as they do not recognise the rule. They had approached the SFA after being unable to contact the SJFA secretary. There only sin was to be caught out by the shambles of the system.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We played lochee on wed last week and defo the best team we have played this season. But the pitch is terrible. And I was the silly c**t that fell over the hill at the edge of the box lol

The Thomson Park hill claims lots of victims. Happens every other week. I spared your blushes by not mentioning it in my match report.  :)

So if we scrap retention rule. Senior season finishes mid May and for successful junior sides season could go onto 2nd week in June. Possible then that when senior players contracts expire mid May they could all then sign for junior teams for last few weeks of season which would make a mockery of our game. The only way we could scrap retention is if we also ban junior clubs from signing ANY players after 31st March and also ban trialists from playing after this date also. Only my thoughts but agree retention should be scrapped but only if signing and trialist ban is implemented also.

So if we scrap retention rule. Senior season finishes mid May and for successful junior sides season could go onto 2nd week in June. Possible then that when senior players contracts expire mid May they could all then sign for junior teams for last few weeks of season which would make a mockery of our game. The only way we could scrap retention is if we also ban junior clubs from signing ANY players after 31st March and also ban trialists from playing after this date also. Only my thoughts but agree retention should be scrapped but only if signing and trialist ban is implemented also.

Sensible proposal

Agree with this 100% but reinstatement is a money-earner for the SJFA.  Can't see them ditching it without a fight.

Retention earns approximately £15k a season for the SJFA.  They have over £500k in the bank.  I'm sure they can handle the loss in revenue. Stick a fiver on fines or something if they really want to.

To be honest, the SJFA Executive Committee themselves should be proposing the rule is abolished anyway, it causes too much hassle and is a throwback to a bygone era. It is not needed.

As for senior players joining Junior clubs when the Senior season is completed, is that really going to be much of a problem? I'm sure something can be written into the rule book to account for anything like that but its probably not necessary.

Of course it would be a problem, hypothetically speaking club a are in eos cup final and bring 11 senior players in to play game against club b. Win game and cup and then release all 11 players the following day. Without banning signings after date this could be common practice. Banning signings of players after 31st March would also bring us inline with senior clubs if not we would be open to farcical potential Situations like stated.

Of course it would be a problem, hypothetically speaking club a are in eos cup final and bring 11 senior players in to play game against club b. Win game and cup and then release all 11 players the following day. Without banning signings after date this could be common practice. Banning signings of players after 31st March would also bring us inline with senior clubs if not we would be open to farcical potential Situations like stated.

Hals,

didnt something similar happen a couple of seasons back. Kirkcaldy YM finished there season early and released all players before the deadline then they were free to play for Superleague clubs who were battling relegation?

Do you seriously think that would ever happen? however no harm in bringing in a ban on signing players after 31st March who have been signed with a Senior club during that season.

I still think the door should be left open for trialists to be fielded in end of season games, whether they be amateurs or youth players or simply free agents.

They did not cheat they were advised by the SFA that the 17 year old player was clear to play but the SFA did not mention reinstatement as they do not recognise the rule. They had approached the SFA after being unable to contact the SJFA secretary. There only sin was to be caught out by the shambles of the system.

Apologies I didn't realise that was the case, teach me for not reading all the comments😂🙈

Hals,

didnt something similar happen a couple of seasons back. Kirkcaldy YM finished there season early and released all players before the deadline then they were free to play for Superleague clubs who were battling relegation?

Aye bud that did happen but you can't do that now as they changed the rules after that so that You canny play for a junior team even if released after 31st March if you have been registered junior the same season.

Lochee win cup today on pens 1-1 flattered jeanfield 4-1 would not have flattered lochee. Hagan ran riot destroyed jeanfield right back never seen someone so terrified

Aye Lochee Utd very deserved winners and the better team on the day. The Swifts best, and only, spell of the game came after they equalised up till half time. Both starting right backs have had better days, Leahy changed his at half time and it worked!! Hagan was MOM for me & Anton will have better days & he's a strong character. He switched to left back when Fleming got injured but Hagan followed!!🙈

2nd half Fozzy was a virtual spectator whilst Mitchell pulled off 3/4 very good saves at the other end & was Swifts best player.

Hopefully Jeanie use this as a kick up the backside and push on now for promotion, 2 home games this week so looking to get back on track.

Lochee looked sharper, fitter and stronger and if they keep that performance up the end of season might just bring promotion too!ðŸ‘

#montheswifts

Aye Lochee Utd very deserved winners and the better team on the day. The Swifts best, and only, spell of the game came after they equalised up till half time. Both starting right backs have had better days, Leahy changed his at half time and it worked!! Hagan was MOM for me & Anton will have better days & he's a strong character. He switched to left back when Fleming got injured but Hagan followed!!

2nd half Fozzy was a virtual spectator whilst Mitchell pulled off 3/4 very good saves at the other end & was Swifts best player.

Hopefully Jeanie use this as a kick up the backside and push on now for promotion, 2 home games this week so looking to get back on track.

Lochee looked sharper, fitter and stronger and if they keep that performance up the end of season might just bring promotion too!

#montheswifts

Pretty fair assessment. Hagan was excellent. Some player on his day.

Was at the final and credit to jeanfield for defending the way they did but the second half performance from them attaching wise was non existent, that's surely a worry for the manager?! Lochee looked hungrier and fitter and if they continue that kinda performance they too will go up with dundonald with jeanfield in 3rd

Archived