Auchinleck Talbot v Cumnock Juniors - Scottish Junior Cup Rnd 4

jimbaxters

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this talk of a replay, seems people think its inevitable its going to require that. When would thegrplay be played, the following Sat?

if it goes to a replay in any scottish junior cup round it is the following saturday they get played as the junior cup takes precedence over any other game

So, you're claiming that it has all been a stitch up from the beginning.

For who's benefit?

WTF ?

Don't be daft all I am saying is both clubs wouldn't turn their noses up at a replay and the chance of two decent gates as both club aren't flush. I am sure both will try their hardest to get through at the first time of asking but both treasurers will give a wry smile if its a draw on Saturday.

Talbot stand to gain financially much more than Cumnock out of this replay ruling. 2nd bite at the cherry with , match sponsorship,halftime tickets ,match programs ,club merchandise, catering and social club takings , plus home advantage in both games
Seems to me like Cumnock and Lugar have had a raw deal here.

Talbot stand to gain financially much more than Cumnock out of this replay ruling. 2nd bite at the cherry with , match sponsorship,halftime tickets ,match programs ,club merchandise, catering and social club takings , plus home advantage in both games

Seems to me like Cumnock and Lugar have had a raw deal here.

If it is a replay then its cumnocks home tie although played at beachwood, obviously I'd hope there would be some financial swings gained for both teams

Unfortunately cumnock don't have a playable home park to accommodate the police etc so advantage again would be auchinlecks

And that's why we have committees in place to sort anything like this out

WTF ?

Don't be daft all I am saying is both clubs wouldn't turn their noses up at a replay and the chance of two decent gates as both club aren't flush. I am sure both will try their hardest to get through at the first time of asking but both treasurers will give a wry smile if its a draw on Saturday.

Don't know the inner workings of my team but I would be absolutely amazed if anyone at Talbot, treasurer or not, is thinking a replay is a good thing. A replay means more matches which impacts on the league run-in, which in a season which looks like it will be much tighter than most is an important issue.

Also, are you really implying that one Scottish Junior cup match is going to right any financial wrongs Talbot may have? For a successful club like Talbot there will be lots of opportunities, in lots of competitions, to get a big gate.

Finally, what have you heard?

Don't know the inner workings of my team but I would be absolutely amazed if anyone at Talbot, treasurer or not, is thinking a replay is a good thing. A replay means more matches which impacts on the league run-in, which in a season which looks like it will be much tighter than most is an important issue.

Also, are you really implying that one Scottish Junior cup match is going to right any financial wrongs Talbot may have? For a successful club like Talbot there will be lots of opportunities, in lots of competitions, to get a big gate.

Finally, what have you heard?

Best not to comment then eh ?

To put it in layman's terms for you Talbot and Cumnock need a bumper crowd on Saturday to see them out a sticky hole as both are struggling financially and another game and bumper crowd would help both clubs greatly. As I previously stated I believe both clubs will be hoping to get through at the first time of asking but another big pay day wouldn't go a miss, lets face it one of the teams are going out and may not get the opportunity of another big pay day this season.

To put it in layman's terms for you Talbot and Cumnock need a bumper crowd on Saturday to see them out a sticky hole as both are struggling financially and another game and bumper crowd would help both clubs greatly. As I previously stated I believe both clubs will be hoping to get through at the first time of asking but another big pay day wouldn't go a miss, lets face it one of the teams are going out and may not get the opportunity of another big pay day this season.

I smell shite

I smell shite

I am glad to see that you have sorted the problem with your nasal passage. What is your hearing like can you hear what the tom toms are saying?. I do not think the bracken seer will be required

WTF ?

Kind of looks like a bit of back-tracking there Mr Glass.

All this crap about policing, capacity, facilities is just a smokescreen for the real reason behind all this and I'm pretty sure that if a replay does happen, the real reason will come out and both clubs will be left with egg on their faces. (In my opinion)

so take it your in the know about Talbot and Cumnocks finance?

Been watching this thread grow arms and legs for a couple of days now as a neutral and it seems like the whole point of the game is being overlooked. The object of this tie is to ensure that your club progresses to the next round of the Scottish cup and is made sweeter knowing that this comes at the expense of your fiercest rivals. Having watched cumnock at rosebank over the last few months I believe they have what it takes to get a result on the day. Yes Talbot will be a really tough nut to crack but there looks to be good spirit amongst the players and coaching staff at cumnock and they will give it their all on the day. My opinion is simple. I believe that to progress in this cup tie cumnock will only bet one bite of the cherry. When was the last time Talbot lost in a replay at beechwood or even over a two legged semi final. There isn't anything you could tell me that could convince me to take any potential replay back to the home of said rivals. It's ludicrous to suggest that this is the best way for cumnock to progress in this cup. I have to take my hat off to Talbot once again for ensuring that they have reduced the odds of there being an upset in this cup tie.

Disappointed also that no one from our club was consulted throughout the decision making process. Whether it be police or the sjfa or cumnock and Talbot committee themselves surely someone could have spoken to us at least to look at what we have to offer in terms of policing segregation etc. Have heard there may be an offer on the table to have any replay streamed live or similar and to make that happen beechwood has to be the venue? We believe our ground is more than capable of handling a game of this magnitude and I honestly believe it is cumnocks best chance to progress but we will never know. Feels like a slap in the face at this moment in time to the people helping out at our club in andn effort to ensure cumnock games got the go ahead but we will get over it quickly I'm sure. All the best to both teams in what im sure will be a cracking cup tie. Lauchlan.

Aww jack I had so much respect for your comments until this one. Don't go there fella, you just sound and come across like a Beith fan with a gripe against the Doon Valley area. :-/

Archived