Auchinleck Talbot v Cumnock Juniors - Scottish Junior Cup Rnd 4

jimbaxters

2 mistakes cost cumnock today, before Talbot scored there 1st cumnock dominated and even after that they were still in the game but the needless 2nd goal they conceded just before ht killed the tie and the 2nd half had was a rather drab affair. Sore 1 to take but the league is our bread and butter this year and the players will need to pick themselves up for next week. Cracking crowd there today without any bother. Good luck to Talbot I'm sure they'll be hard to dethrone this year again

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cumnock just weren't strong or fast enough to take advantage of their possession. They made the mistake of trying to play football against a team who are experts in stopping the opposition playing. A better team would have taken advantage of a slow Talbot central defence.

The best part of the second half was when the referee blew the full time whistle.

Sore one to take today for me and my fellow Nock fans but im not too disheartened from what i witnessed. We dominated possession for large spells of the game and in particular the first 30 mins and had a few chances before talbot broke up the park for the 1st time after 35 mins to take the lead. Looked like a mistake from the keeper from far end. After that talbot pressed and scored right on half time from a pope free kick after a mistake by the excellent Esplin. 2-0 right on half time was a killer blow and that's what good teams do to you- punish you for not talking your chances. Again Cumnock had much of the possession 2nd half and where denied a stonewall pen on 50mins and another later in the half. Yes we knew talbot would have their chances and they did but I was surprised at how much we had of the ball. Fair play as we chased the game talbot punished with the 3r in stoppage time. Cumnock have came a fair distance since last season and I have faith we will still have a successful season. I hope the players and management take the positives from today and we continue to progress in the league and west. Another note is - bumper crowd and no trouble at all. Anyway I'm away for a few pints to drown my sorrows.

You need more than a few pints if you think that diving twat of a number 9 of yours deserved a stonewall penalty ffs.

Cumnock just weren't strong or fast enough to take advantage of their possession. They made the mistake of trying to play football against a team who are experts in stopping the opposition playing. A better team would have taken advantage of a slow Talbot central defence.

The best part of the second half was when the referee blew the full time whistle.

You don't like watching good fitba then? Talbot were excellent from 30 minutes onwards. Maybe the result didn't go your way?

You always get one clown and you are it TFW. Cumnock also dominated most of the 2nd half but couldn't find a way through as talbot defended well and the big gk was excellent again- too good for the juniors IMO. I'm sure the video will catch the penalty incidents but it doesn't matter now. Well done talbot and Cumnock must move on and get back to league business.

You always get one clown and you are it TFW. Cumnock also dominated most of the 2nd half but couldn't find a way through as talbot defended well and the big gk was excellent again- too good for the juniors IMO. I'm sure the video will catch the penalty incidents but it doesn't matter now. Well done talbot and Cumnock must move on and get back to league business.

nah, it was a good positive opening 30 mins from Cumnock but after the opener they were all perspiration and no inspiration. Remember that Talbot hit the woodwork a couple of times as well as the goals and over the ninety it's clear from the score who the best and most effective side was.

You don't like watching good fitba then? Talbot were excellent from 30 minutes onwards. Maybe the result didn't go your way?

Excellent? They were well organised and that's about the best I can say.

What about that save from the Cumnock keeper on the first half though?

I thought Cumnock dominated the game until Talbot scored. Similarly in the second half Cumnock dominated precedings for the first 15/20 mins.

MOTM for me for Auchinleck was Leishman and for Cumnock it was the number 11.

Expected more from Burns tbh. Wouldn't have known he'd played in the seniors for so many years based on today's performance

It could have been more, although I don't believe that yous deserved to loose by any more than three.

I will say that cumnock had a fair bit of possession in the first 30 minutes but failed to turn it into chances.

An angled shot in the first half which beat Andy but also missed the target being the best.

From the terracing by the pie hut the penalty claim was a joke.I think it was no.9 with a very late dive which the fella should be utterly affronted with.

Andy had a very good save in the last 10 or so minutes to keep a 2 goal lead and save a nervey ending.

I will not mention the talbot chances as they were there for all to see.or hear if you had your eyes closed!

Having the better possession in the first half hour (in a 90 min game) and holding your own in the second half is just not enough when your up against.the Scottish cup holders and league champions.

Just let that last sentence sink in.

All the best in your league campaign.

It was 3 going on 10 . The Cumnock fans must have been watching a different game. They never looked liked like scoring apart from one time when big Andy yawned and had to do something.

The male officials were poor as usual for this game.

Lick yer wounds cumnockians and go back to think again.

Good home support, poor show from the trampoline stealers though.

It could have been more, although I don't believe that yous deserved to loose by any more than three.

I will say that cumnock had a fair bit of possession in the first 30 minutes but failed to turn it into chances.

An angled shot in the first half which beat Andy but also missed the target being the best.

From the terracing by the pie hut the penalty claim was a joke.I think it was no.9 with a very late dive which the fella should be utterly affronted with.

Andy had a very good save in the last 10 or so minutes to keep a 2 goal lead and save a nervey ending.

I will not mention the talbot chances as they were there for all to see.or hear if you had your eyes closed!

Having the better possession in the first half hour (in a 90 min game) and holding your own in the second half is just not enough when your up against.the Scottish cup holders and league champions.

Just let that last sentence sink in.

All the best in your league campaign.

Burns missed a glorious chance from a Malone cut back in the 1st half and Malone missed 2 chances. I agree talbot defended well and are a very resiliant side. They had a fair few chances also and Johnson made a fantastic save as did leishman in the 2nd half.

After witnessing the 6-0 defeat last time around at beechwood- it certainly was an improvement from us but ultimately not enough.

Was impressed with Cumnock today and I felt their final ball was their Achilles heel, more pleasing on the footballing eye than Talbot long diagonal plays, Talbots 2 goals in the 1st half could have been avoided, as much as Popes free kick was sublime it was a needless free kick to give away, felt the Cumnock management made a poor decision in playing Paul Burns just off their striker, more effective in central midfield, as for the penalty claim, lad was caught but his theatrical screams went against him, Talbot ? Badly missing Campbell's presence although White is holding his own in there just now, feel he could struggle with the physicality of a larger striker, although it would be stupid to write Talbot off I feel Talbot will be found wanting against better sides, Maybole, Rob Roy, Cumbernauld and Kilbirnie were all poor results and personally I feel there could be a fare few more where this Talbot side is concerned, Shankland and Love are fantastic footballers but it's obvious they are not suited to Talbots style of play, hence the question, why sign them ?

Burns missed a glorious chance from a Malone cut back in the 1st half and Malone missed 2 chances. I agree talbot defended well and are a very resiliant side. They had a fair few chances also and Johnson made a fantastic save as did leishman in the 2nd half.

After witnessing the 6-0 defeat last time around at beechwood- it certainly was an improvement from us but ultimately not enough.

3 goals

1 cleared off of the line from a corner.

Saved by the woodwork twice.

I could go on!

Was impressed with Cumnock today and I felt their final ball was their Achilles heel, more pleasing on the footballing eye than Talbot long diagonal plays, Talbots 2 goals in the 1st half could have been avoided, as much as Popes free kick was sublime it was a needless free kick to give away, felt the Cumnock management made a poor decision in playing Paul Burns just off their striker, more effective in central midfield, as for the penalty claim, lad was caught but his theatrical screams went against him, Talbot ? Badly missing Campbell's presence although White is holding his own in there just now, feel he could struggle with the physicality of a larger striker, although it would be stupid to write Talbot off I feel Talbot will be found wanting against better sides, Maybole, Rob Roy, Cumbernauld and Kilbirnie were all poor results and personally I feel there could be a fare few more where this Talbot side is concerned, Shankland and Love are fantastic footballers but it's obvious they are not suited to Talbots style of play, hence the question, why sign them ?

Amazing. Only in the jealousy riddled P&B junior forum could a 3-0 win be turned into a description of how bad Talbot are.

Well done to The Champions!

I thought Cumnock dominated the game until Talbot scored. Similarly in the second half Cumnock dominated precedings for the first 15/20 mins.

Expected more from Burns tbh. Wouldn't have known he'd played in the seniors for so many years based on today's performance

Big Andy is quality but only had 1 cracking save to make my motm was between Boyd or white always seemed to be there getting a tackle in then finding a pass to a teammate.

Mmmhhhhhaaaaa :-D you can smell the sourgrapes from here. It's like listening to a broken record. Haters are gonna Hate but Good to see yer very interested in our games.

Difference between the two teams is that Talbot make the difference when it counts. Yaaaaaaassssss!!!!!

Always a pleasure to send you lot back to drown in yer wee half pint stouts at the Sun Inn :-D

No sour grapes lads, due to family connections I see a lot of Talbot and I certainly don't follow Cumnock, played and coached football for my on 31 years, boys club, Amateur, Junior and Senior, Week in Week out Talbot supporters will be delighted with the shoreline but in their heart of hearts they will recognise the current Talbot side are there for the taking

As a neutral that's about right. Cumnock had possession but didn't score. Talbot got one and scored.

As a neutral that's about right. Cumnock had possession but didn't score. Talbot got one and scored.

Scored 3 from about 8 on target vs mibbe 4 on target only 1 that tested keeper

We haven't played well for the majority of the season still up there though

Don't think we will win it this year but would be glad to be wrong

In the meantime keep grinding talbot.

Archived