Auchinleck Talbot v Cumnock Juniors - Scottish Junior Cup Rnd 4

jimbaxters

Quick read through shows that both sets of fans are fine with it. Therefore no problem.

How's the weather looking? Will it be on this weekend?

Looking at weather forecast I would not think there should be and problem.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to my first "Derby" game in Aug and I was suprised at how tame it was! It was the match at Townhead and Talbot got an early goal so that maybe took the sting out the game a bit, but I was suprised at how sparse the Cumnock support was that day. Auchinleck outnumberd them by far. Looking forward to experiencing the game at Beechwood to see how the derby experience compares there

Think this game is living on past hype and played up by the glesga media. The so called fans who caused bother at the last big cup game were never Talbot or Cumnock fans. Some of them especially the so called Talbot fans are well known for causing mayhem amongst good folk in the village. Hopefully we won't see any of them at this game.

I predict a muted affair with a 2-0 victory for the Talbot

EEKA PEEKA

There have been many opinions of how the game will go by lots of posters on here and it shines through that although many folk have differing allegiances, the debate has been civilised and NOT the war zone others would have had folk believe would have been the case

I personally think that it is not beyond reason to see Cumnock winning as they have some momentum going just now - but then again so had Rangers before the game with St. Johnstone and they were firmly put in their place by the team from the top division, which might happen tomorrow

OR

We could get a Hamilton v Annan situation when the team from the lower division turns over the big team from a higher division - so you never know

I still hope that my team puts up a good performance and that the usual banter between "Them" and our supporters is the extent of any activity on the day

May the best team win ( as long as it's Cumnock)

Away The Nock

I can remember years ago coming out of town head after talbot had beat... them... and walking back to my car is was behind 2 cumnock men.one said to the other was that no 2 bad teams out there the day!

I don't remember the year,what I do remember is we were Scottish cup winners and had just beat Cumnock 6-0 at town head!

So,regardless of any results since then,you couldn't beat them with a stick!,,, ha.

P.s.can anybody come up with the year?

Sore one to take today for me and my fellow Nock fans but im not too disheartened from what i witnessed. We dominated possession for large spells of the game and in particular the first 30 mins and had a few chances before talbot broke up the park for the 1st time after 35 mins to take the lead. Looked like a mistake from the keeper from far end. After that talbot pressed and scored right on half time from a pope free kick after a mistake by the excellent Esplin.

2-0 right on half time was a killer blow and that's what good teams do to you- punish you for not talking your chances.

Again Cumnock had much of the possession 2nd half and where denied a stonewall pen on 50mins and another later in the half. Yes we knew talbot would have their chances and they did but I was surprised at how much we had of the ball.

Fair play as we chased the game talbot punished with the 3r in stoppage time. Cumnock have came a fair distance since last season and I have faith we will still have a successful season. I hope the players and management take the positives from today and we continue to progress in the league and west.

Another note is - bumper crowd and no trouble at all. Anyway I'm away for a few pints to drown my sorrows.

Archived