Auchinleck Talbot v Cumnock Juniors - Scottish Junior Cup Rnd 4

jimbaxters

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the actual ground is a problem. Its more traffic and segregation issues that the police are worried about

Ladeside beat Cumnock in semis that season...if Cumnock had won the game v Talbot would have been at Lugar because of sponsors.

There were 2 turnstiles open that Friday night Kilbirnie entered bottom one Talbot top. There were no problems everybody got home safe, if there was not much of a crowd as you make out then that was down to Talbot fans as they only had a short hop to the ground. Would no be happy if ma club agreed to playing a replay at Beechwood... fecking mental... Hard enough to go there once.

Cumnock v Talbot games in the Scottish are completely different from any league game or other cup tie.

The two could meet in an Ayrshire Final on a midweek night and see maybe 1500 -2000 turn up.

Whenever drawn in the Scottish 2000 seems to be around the minimum. Would Lugar be able to host this? I don't know?

Did the clubs have a choice in the matter?

Anyway decision has been made and now we have page after page on something that won't happen as Cumnock will win first time at Auchinleck.

Cumnock v Talbot games in the Scottish are completely different from any league game or other cup tie.

The two could meet in an Ayrshire Final on a midweek night and see maybe 1500 -2000 turn up.

Whenever drawn in the Scottish 2000 seems to be around the minimum. Would Lugar be able to host this? I don't know?

Anyway decision has been made and now we have page after page on something that won't happen as Cumnock will win first time at Auchinleck.

Nocko I like your optimism buddy. It keeps the tension going :-D

What's the odds of that actually happening?

Do Cumnock have any choice but to play a replay at Beechwood?..seriously !!!!.What's wrong with Loch Park ample parking there. Might as well just to play the one game to a finish...save any hassle.

Do Cumnock have any choice but to play a replay at Beechwood?..seriously !!!!.What's wrong with Loch Park ample parking there. Might as well just to play the one game to a finish...save any hassle.

Totally agree about it being played to a finish in this situation. Cumnock gain nothing from a playing side of things by having a replay at Beechwood so why not just play extra time/pens?

IMO if we were told we can't play at Lugar then Beechwood is the only option. Closer and less hassle

Totally agree about it being played to a finish in this situation. Cumnock gain nothing from a playing side of things by having a replay at Beechwood so why not just play extra time/pens?

Because then you are playing one game to different rules than every other game in the competition before the semi-finals

Game should be on this weekend as the forecast for the week isn't to bad, both clubs will be desperate for a big crowd and I dare say a replay wouldn't be unwelcome if what I heard is true.

And what was it that you heard?

IMO if we were told we can't play at Lugar then Beechwood is the only option. Closer and less hassle

The odds are against Cumnock at Beechwood, not only is it Auchinlecks home ground, they are also the most successful team ever. So if you go and get a draw the idea is to shorten the odds, you can't play at home but you can play at a neutral venue which gives you more chance to win and progress in the tournament.

A draw might be a favourable result with both clubs...more money from a replay and Talbot would still have home advantage in any replay :)

Game should be on this weekend as the forecast for the week isn't to bad, both clubs will be desperate for a big crowd and I dare say a replay wouldn't be unwelcome if what I heard is true.

So, you're claiming that it has all been a stitch up from the beginning.

For who's benefit?

Archived