Auchinleck Talbot v Cumnock Juniors - Scottish Junior Cup Rnd 4

jimbaxters

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was at park this morning about 10.00a.m and more covers were put down and almost entire playing surface is now covered and small uncovered area is well situated to cope. Pitch was playable at this time and covers will be removed tomorrow morning at 8.30a.m and we would welcome the assistance of any supporters to assist to enable an early decision to be made on the playability of the surface.

That sounds like the derek love I know .

Problem with love though was he eventually earned such a reputation for diving that he stopped getting genuine penalties as his reputation went before him, was very frustrating as he cost us genuine penalties In the end with his theatrics.

As for Dennis Gray he was old school, absolute mental although in a good way and what a motivator .

Dennis was never to be crossed by anyone and he earned so much respect due to it , he had a great trophy record with ourselves although just couldn't nail a major despite finishing beaten west of Scotland cup semi and finalists, beaten scottish cup semi finalists and also 2nd in the Ayrshire top division.

His record in all the other Ayrshire cups when they were big tournaments to win against Ayrshires best was incredible though.

Think he won 12 trophies for us .

Always felt Grey lacked something as a manager both at Beith and Auchinleck his negativity cost Talbot a few trophies especially, his teams really should have won more than they did.

No mate never gets a game and when he does he's stuck out on the right wing.

Anytime I saw him playing with troon always played well I thought he would have been playing

Can't comment on the lad only seen him briefly coming on as a sub the one game I did see him play was against Cumbernauld in the senior Scottish and he played right mid, and to be fair to the lad Talbot where mince that day and well beaten. I have been told the boy is a central midfielder so its unfair to judge him considering he was played out of position in that game.

Was at park this morning about 10.00a.m and more covers were put down and almost entire playing surface is now covered and small uncovered area is well situated to cope. Pitch was playable at this time and covers will be removed tomorrow morning at 8.30a.m and we would welcome the assistance of any supporters to assist to enable an early decision to be made on the playability of the surface.

What time is the pitch inspection

Archived