Auchinleck Talbot v Cumnock Juniors - Scottish Junior Cup Rnd 4

jimbaxters

Nobody is confiscating anything as far as I can see. Anyone turning up with drink will be told that if they want in to the game the drink has to be given up and put in the bin never to be seen again, or if they want to keep the drink they can feck off. Simple really.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody is confiscating anything as far as I can see. Anyone turning up with drink will be told that if they want in to the game the drink has to be hidden away better or given up and put in the bin never to be seen again, or if they want to keep the drink they can feck off. Simple really.

Fixed :P

Seriously it's a right pain being on the gate at busy big game and trying to watch for folk sneaking drink in. Hard to stop some folk and hardly worth the hassle unfortunately.

Fixed :P

Seriously it's a right pain being on the gate at busy big game and trying to watch for folk sneaking drink in. Hard to stop some folk and hardly worth the hassle unfortunately.

Been there too, fkn hellish. You get guys who are clever enough to bring a wee hip flask or something, then you get nuggets who turn up with a carrier bag full of bottles who then seem stunned that they might not be allowed in with them.

Whit Big Gibbys Boxers

Don't be silly auld pal, it's all the donkey jackets they would use, cos let's face it , they won't be needed for ony work, will they

P.S. Don't you bother wi him Gibby auld freen , he his always had a thing about us big boned individuals

I think Talbot will edge this game just, Cumnock have improved in recent months but not enough to see off Talbot who are a pale shadow of the team they have been over the past 4/5 seasons. It will be awe blood and snotters but I fancy Talbot to win it by 3-1.

Lets be honest Talbot will be clear favorites for this game, especially being at home.However this is the cup and has the potential to be a cracker. Cumnock have improved since they last met and if they are to have a chance then i believe the the following. Dinges( who is playing well) must play the game and not the occasion(old cliche). Burns, Watt and Esplin in midfield have a tough test but must not let Talbot overrun them. Murphy is experienced and will keep the team focused. Chances have to be taken as not may will will come and Cumnock must remain disciplined to any old tricks. Not conceding early is obvious and this may lead to some nerves. Talbot will fancy there chance but I think they will have to do more than just turn up. Thoughts anyone?

I'm sure there was an incident up at pollok on the turnstiles a few years ago when a pollok committee member confiscated / stole a boys carry out and the fan phoned the police after they refused to give him it back .

The police were called by the fan as he seemed to know his rights and said that the pollok committee were entitled to refuse him entry with it for sure and he would then have turned away , however to swipe his carry out from him without his permission was technically illegal in the fans eyes and the police took his side apparently when they arrived .

How else would you expect Pollok to be able to provide their visitors with an after match refreshment.

arrangements are in place to have covers on pitch if required

Auchinleck Talbot F.C. is looking for assistance to remove pitch covers from Beechwood Park on Saturday morning starting at 8.30a.m.. Your support would be greatly appreciated.

I'll disagree a bit with you there JG the quality is still there but the issue this season is the team getting the correct consistency with the players on the right position. One or two players have let themselves down and they know that. Campbell is a big loss but Whitey has risen to the challenge.

But it is time for this team to start showing their mettle as a force or cumnock will beat us. This isn't just a cup game its also the best junior fixture in Scotland bar none.

The tension will be high so I expect a few yellow cards and at least one red.

Shankland if playing will need to score because he is bursting to get back on the teamsheet first pick.

Let's hope wee Love comes back to haunt cumnock as well.

:-D

What I have seen of Talbot this TB the quality is just not there I think all Talbot fans agree a centre half is a must imo Butch apart Talbot have nothing in midfield..............Boyd, Hyslop aren't Talbot class Latta is running on empty and no point in Whitey going back in there as his best days are behind.............Talbot are lacking 4/5 players of real quality, aye they will still compete but considering the standards they have set themselves they have let it slip. Tucker must be thinking of ripping this team up and rebuilding from next season they need to get away from the long ball game and start playing football again they way they did a few seasons ago, teams who can compete with Talbot fitness wise have more than a decent chance of getting a result against them, as Rob Roy, Kilbirnie, Cumbernald, Maybole and one or two others have shown this season.

What I have seen of Talbot this TB the quality is just not there I think all Talbot fans agree a centre half is a must imo Butch apart Talbot have nothing in midfield..............Boyd, Hyslop aren't Talbot class Latta is running on empty and no point in Whitey going back in there as his best days are behind.............Talbot are lacking 4/5 players of real quality, aye they will still compete but considering the standards they have set themselves they have let it slip. Tucker must be thinking of ripping this team up and rebuilding from next season they need to get away from the long ball game and start playing football again they way they did a few seasons ago, teams who can compete with Talbot fitness wise have more than a decent chance of getting a result against them, as Rob Roy, Kilbirnie, Cumbernald, Maybole and one or two others have shown this season.

Is Stephen Wilson playing in midfield

Aye right enough hyslops 25 yard thunderbolt in the junior cup final did look like it came from a player who wasn't good enough , boyds performances against hurlford home and away in the semis and away to Bonnyrigg the same , league and cup winners medals don't get held out to players who aren't good enough , but we're all entitled to our opinion.

Maybe we just played well on the day but I felt Talbot were poor the other week against us. Years gone by Talbot would have steamrollered us after an early goal & especially 1 so soft

But apart from 1 or 2 dodgy moments we never looked in danger & should have won by more

Still think you will be too strong for Cumnock though & wont be far away come the prize giving come May

Archived