Stenny vs Brechin

Scenes at the end of the match. Jamie "Jobber" McCormack jogged past Lewis Spence as he was coming off the pitch and barged into him. Spence chases after him and instigates a mass punch-up in the tunnel. A big ruck of players piled in and stewards had to separate the parties involved.

Some say McCormack tried to headbutt Spence but I'm not so sure. The Brechin City directors, many of whom are in their late 80s, seemed very flustered. A wonderful end to an otherwise crappy match.

Nothing happened in the first half but Stenny, on chances alone, should have won it in the second. Carlos Manzana-Martinez hit the bar with a cracking effort and a trio of players missed chances in quick succession in injury time. David Weatherston and Andy Jackson should have scored for Brechin on their rare forays forward.

Not a terrible result but a not a great point for either side, all things considered.

Why try to defend that ? McCormack was and always will be a self imposed Billy big time with his dellusions that he should be playing at a higher level. Perhaps being outshone and skinned too many times by Lewis Spence was the final straw and the true Jamie McCormack came to the surface.

My only hope is that someone laid him out once he got inside as that is all this cowardly waster deserves. To have a go then run away just sums him up.

No doubt it will be Spence who will be punished though as the ref appeared to think that when you are bottom of the league you don't get a fair crack of the whip. ........Andy Jackson's swollen and bloodied mouth at the end was a point in question.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why try to defend that ? McCormack was and always will be a self imposed Billy big time with his dellusions that he should be playing at a higher level. Perhaps being outshone and skinned too many times by Lewis Spence was the final straw and the true Jamie McCormack came to the surface.

My only hope is that someone laid him out once he got inside as that is all this cowardly waster deserves. To have a go then run away just sums him up.

No doubt it will be Spence who will be punished though as the ref appeared to think that when you are bottom of the league you don't get a fair crack of the whip. ........Andy Jackson's swollen and bloodied mouth at the end was a point in question.

In all fairness, Spence shouldn't have ran up and shoved McCormack. If Jamie headbutted him, he should have said to the ref and he could then use the cameras to determine the outcome.

In all fairness, Spence shouldn't have ran up and shoved McCormack. If Jamie headbutted him, he should have said to the ref and he could then use the cameras to determine the outcome.

Fair shout .......Possibly !? , But in all honesty, would you be able to restrain yourself in the same situation? I would hope not !

I'm sure that would be everyones first reaction to getting nutted. It's also a pretty big assumption that it will be on the one or at most two cameras at the game.

For what it is worth I suspect that the camera will have caught it as they were walking towards the tunnel. Didn't see what McCormack did to provoke the reaction but it was the fastest I've seen the stewards move. It was all very reminiscent of the Mohsni scrap at Motherwell at the tail end of last season.

I'm not defending it, I just said I didn't think McCormack headbutted him. It looked like a barge to me but I appreciate there are people who had a better, more central view of the incident. As well as Spence played throughout the match, I can't think of many (any?) moments where he was in a one-on-one situation with McCormack. Also, great stuff with "the true McCormack came to the surface". What a roaster you are!

As for the Andy Jackson incident, there was no way Ross Meechan intended to whack him on the face when the tussled for the ball. Meechan was just too strong for him and held him off fairly. It looked entirely accidental. If I was in your position, I'd be a little more concerned about the manner in which Jackson lay in a heap and tried to win a foul while Stenny broke upfield.

Finally, your comment about referees ignoring your shouts for fouls because you're bottom of the league is both stupid and ludicrous. But having read your post, and hundreds of others, I shouldn't have been surprised with you coming away with this nonsense.

I'm not defending it, I just said I didn't think McCormack headbutted him. It looked like a barge to me but I appreciate there are people who had a better, more central view of the incident. As well as Spence played throughout the match, I can't think of many (any?) moments where he was in a one-on-one situation with McCormack. Also, great stuff with "the true McCormack came to the surface". What a roaster you are!

As for the Andy Jackson incident, there was no way Ross Meechan intended to whack him on the face when the tussled for the ball. Meechan was just too strong for him and held him off fairly. It looked entirely accidental. If I was in your position, I'd be a little more concerned about the manner in which Jackson lay in a heap and tried to win a foul while Stenny broke upfield.

Finally, your comment about referees ignoring your shouts for fouls because you're bottom of the league is both stupid and ludicrous. But having read your post, and hundreds of others, I shouldn't have been surprised with you coming away with this nonsense.

Best post ever!

Well yes, ideally he wouldn't have reacted to it but how many players or anyone in general would be able to restrain themselves after being headbutted with no apparent provocation? If it's been caught on camera then McCormack will be looking at a ban - there was definite intention regardless of how much contact was made. Unfortunately if that happens then Spence will also likely be disciplined for the reaction.

Well yes, ideally he wouldn't have reacted to it but how many players or anyone in general would be able to restrain themselves after being headbutted with no apparent provocation? If it's been caught on camera then McCormack will be looking at a ban - there was definite intention regardless of how much contact was made. Unfortunately if that happens then Spence will also likely be disciplined for the reaction.

From memory, previous highlights packages on Warriors TV finish with the players walking towards the tunnel so I wouldn't be surprised if it's caught on camera. Whether or not it offers conclusive proof of what happened between McCormack and Spence remains to be seen.

I doubt they'll include the fight on the highlights package, despite it being the only interesting thing to happen all night.

I take it anyone who disagrees with you must be a roaster ?

1. McCormack .........I think his cowardly , spiteful actions last night summed him up to be the frustrated wannabe superstar stuck in the lower leagues with no chance of progressing anywhere.

2. Jackson........You must be made of strong stuff ! That whack looked like a sore one to me ! ......And I thought any head knock should be acted on immediately from the ref ??? (leading on to point 3 ) I wonder what your reaction would have been had Dods "accidentally " elbowed your striker .

3. Decisions.......... I think it is a general assumption that when you are bottom you don't seem to get the breaks . The ball never seems to bounce your way after challenges etc . This appears to reflect refs decisions at key points of games. ( Probably not helped by the inconsistency of refs decisions in general ) Assumption and appears are key words here as us long suffering fans seem to pick out more injustice in games than fans of teams in a more comfortable position. I don't find it unreasonable to try and defend any such injustice but to call it stupid and ludicrous is .....well just stupid and ludicrous as I am sure you have been there before !!! ^_^

Pretty boring game we had a few chances but no one to put them in the net. Spence was deff our best player thought the guy from Aberdeen played well but with another defender out injured looks like we will have to make do with Dods for now. Not too impressed with shepherd didn't really do much we had better players on the bench. Least a point is better than nothing both forfar and cowden have games in hand over us so don't fancy our chances but you never know

Pretty boring game we had a few chances but no one to put them in the net. Spence was deff our best player thought the guy from Aberdeen played well but with another defender out injured looks like we will have to make do with Dods for now. Not too impressed with shepherd didn't really do much we had better players on the bench. Least a point is better than nothing both forfar and cowden have games in hand over us so don't fancy our chances but you never know

I thought Tiffoney did well when he came on. With you on Shepherd. He looked a bit lightweight in the first half but seemed to get more into things in the second half before he was subbed.

We definitely need to start putting away chances as that seemed to be the only thing missing last night.

Heard that Pabs might be back on Saturday . Hope so but it is a bit frustrating that the central defence seems to be cursed with injuries. All similar kinds of injury too ??? Possibly something for Richard Walker to look into ? Could be training methods or simply something missing in the warm up . I did notice Dods doing a lot of (awkward looking ) leg stretching before he came on . Maybe something for the others to consider.

Didn,t see what Jamie did but he clearly did something to cause the lads reaction.Jackson started the nonsense with his tough guy reaction to Meechan when he eventually got back up.He got outmuscled on the sideline,the ref clearly agreed as no foul was awarded so he walked 40 yards to square up to Ross.Two or three others got involved as is the norm and a game that had no nasty incidents ended a bit feisty.Nothing to see here,move on.

Didn,t see what Jamie did but he clearly did something to cause the lads reaction.Jackson started the nonsense with his tough guy reaction to Meechan when he eventually got back up.He got outmuscled on the sideline,the ref clearly agreed as no foul was awarded so he walked 40 yards to square up to Ross.Two or three others got involved as is the norm and a game that had no nasty incidents ended a bit feisty.Nothing to see here,move on.

An Arsene Wenger type post IMO . :P

I thought Tiffoney did well when he came on. With you on Shepherd. He looked a bit lightweight in the first half but seemed to get more into things in the second half before he was subbed.

We definitely need to start putting away chances as that seemed to be the only thing missing last night.

Heard that Pabs might be back on Saturday . Hope so but it is a bit frustrating that the central defence seems to be cursed with injuries. All similar kinds of injury too ??? Possibly something for Richard Walker to look into ? Could be training methods or simply something missing in the warm up . I did notice Dods doing a lot of (awkward looking ) leg stretching before he came on . Maybe something for the others to consider.

great news if true about pabs yeah all the injury's are abit concerning hopefully McCormack itsnt too serious agree with Tiff he did well hopefully in for weatherston on saturday. Jamie McCormack is an arse hope he gets published for what he did though I think there was a few brechin players involved as well but its OK big Ricky rushed in to sort it out

I'm not sure McCormack is even writing at the minute to get published brer.

Every Brechin fan over 50 should be put down IMO. Embarrassing scenes in that Brechin director box backed up by serial mentalist the originalhedge on here.

I find it amusing that no Stenny fans saw the headbutt, but all the Brechin fans saw it clearly.

As to the game itself. I thought Brechin dominated the first hour and should have had the game won by halftime. However we were so poor in front of goal that the Stenny keeper was rarely troubled. We seemed to tire in the last half hour (possibly because Stenny didn't have a game on Saturday) and in the end we were lucky not to throw the game away. We'll take one point, but look on it as 2 dropped.

Archived