New recommended alcohol limit

It's commonsense - if you're rattling 15 pints a night, you're probably damaging your health long term, but you probably knew that anyway. If you have a big session now and again, you're not automatically going to contract cancer as a result, although the hard of thinking on social media seem to think what these guidelines are saying is just that.

Bottom line is something's going to kill us all eventually, and the extra years we'd live by leading a totally vice-free life are the shite ones at the end where we'll probably not know whether it's New York or New Year anyway. Live it up.

Take care you don't fall off that high horse.

I'll be fine.

Not sure why you think I was on it mind. All I said is that it's a guideline and the government aren't forcing anyone to do anything in regards to it.

And folk who boast about drinking are usually boring fucks.

I exceed the weekly guidelines almost every day, are you allowed to average it? Sometimes I'm offshore for 5-6 weeks, can I build this up and use it against my previous transgressions?

Who gives a f**k what the guidelines set out by the government are? They recommend ( through law) that you don't use hash, speed, eckies, coke, heroin.

I never pay attention to legislation- f**k guidelines!

If you're exceeding the weekly guidelines every single day then I'm sorry to break it to you, but you're a raging alcoholic.

Quality over quantity and an eye for value. At least I'm not a puddle drinking moron who's scared to drink... and neither underclass nor scum (I assume that was your signature).

With regards

Discerning professional

Reported to your MP.

Underclass scum.

Diddy pint. Marston's Strong Pale Ale here... 6.2% and only £1.25 per bottle in Asda.

I answered Yes to one question- number 7. Does that make me an alcoholic?

Eta- only because I post on P&B when I've had a few! ;-)

Edited by Mortar Bored

Absolute pish...we are getting healthier and medicine is improving as we speak yet alcohol tolerance is dropping...beggars belief!

I'm on 4-5 bottles a day Mon-Fri and 7-8 on Saturday so, basically I shouldn't even be typing this post 'cos I'm dead!!!

And on the positive side it's San Mig Light - 100 calories a pop- so my coffin will be positively lightweight when i do pop off.

Anyhow, just realised that the limit is in the UK...I'm living (or should i say dying) in the Philippines so I'm not covered...cheers!

Absolute pish...we are getting healthier and medicine is improving as we speak yet alcohol tolerance is dropping...beggars belief!

I'm on 4-5 bottles a day Mon-Fri and 7-8 on Saturday so, basically I shouldn't even be typing this post 'cos I'm dead!!!

And on the positive side it's San Mig Light - 100 calories a pop- so my coffin will be positively lightweight when i do pop off.

Anyhow, just realised that the limit is in the UK...I'm living (or should i say dying) in the Philippines so I'm not covered...cheers!

Post of the year- so far.

Who wants to live forever? Personally, I'd prefer I was here for a good time as opposed to a long time, each to their own. If I go tomorrow, I'll go happy in the belief that I've never been a boring c**t.

Surely you aren't genuinely suggesting that not drinking or drinking less makes someone boring? The logic there would suggest that a great many people need alcohol to be interesting.