New recommended alcohol limit

45 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I don't drink at all now (I may have mentioned this before) but would have answered yes to 17 or 18 of the questions.  

When I took (the questionnaire) - many years ago -, I got 3 "wrong"!

I’ve changed my relationship with alcohol a lot.

I used to drink regularly including during the week. I cut that down massively 1. To lose weight and 2. For my mental health.

Admittedly I still love a beer but try and restrict it to once a week. At a push I do Friday/Saturday but anymore than that and I find my mental health can suffer quite badly.

It’s not really that difficult to cut down if you put your mind to it and ignore the people who judge you for it.

All people who drink alcohol are alcoholics and unable to get by without a drink - is that what you're implying?  
I think using the word alcoholic is a bit much. I think there are a lot of drinkers who arn't addicted to the alcohol as much as they are addicted to escaping the mundane banality of life.

Nah. Only partial truth in that statement, but good luck with the dope smoking. I've read that it can lead to all sorts of mental/psychological  problems and inhaling smoke sounds just a bit unhealthy but it's your decision.  Of course you might be making cookies...
Funny how Holland isn't overrun by psycopaths?

Cookies are an option but its a lot of hassle, it'd be like preparing a 5 litre strawberry daquiri everytime you fancied a drink.

3 minutes ago, Crroma said:
51 minutes ago, hk blues said:
All people who drink alcohol are alcoholics and unable to get by without a drink - is that what you're implying?  

I think using the word alcoholic is a bit much. I think there are a lot of drinkers who arn't addicted to the alcohol as much as they are addicted to escaping the mundane banality of life.

What's your secret?

6 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I haven't had a drink for exactly eight months.  I never really used to drink alcohol in the house and since my son has been born I don't like to go out drinking in the evenings for a number of reasons - my wife doesn't drive so fi anything was to go wrong with our son I'd need to be able to drive.  Also, having a baby / toddler who wakes up around 6am doesn't really combine well with having a hangover and also the expense of nights out isn't something I can justify.  I don't really miss it, for a few years I've not really enjoyed drinking.  Doing the same thing over and over for years gets boring.  I also don't want my son to be brought up with parents who are always drinking or getting drunk, it's not something that I'm comfortable with.

You're conflating drinking alcohol with getting drunk.  It is possible to drink without getting drunk.  I normally do just that 2-3 times per week, and enjoy it very much.

6 hours ago, Crroma said:

Funny how Holland isn't overrun by psycopaths?

Cookies are an option but its a lot of hassle, it'd be like preparing a 5 litre strawberry daquiri everytime you fancied a drink.

Just because it is legal in Holland doesn't automatically mean they have more dope smokers. Scotland has more cannabis users per capita than the Netherlands. 

13 hours ago, NJ2 said:

And at last we have it, a gang less popular than Gary Glitter’s. That’s some ‘achievement’.

You just watch your step NJ next time your treading in the badlands of Shandon, Merchiston, Craiglockhart etc. 

You just watch your step NJ next time your treading in the badlands of Shandon, Merchiston, Craiglockhart etc. 

I believe this to be a threat. 12 Ruel Street! Leave yer maw, she’s a nice lady and last thing she needs is seeing her boy getting another a black eye.

Is that Joe Joyce, the Bull Buggering Beast Killer of No Fixed Abode ?
🤪

Never mind that big weightlifter AJ, Big Joe Joyce is who any aspiring young fighter should look up to. Never mind hand wraps, just soak your hands in petrol, get an ill-fitting polo shirt and some dazzling facial hair and you’re good to go.