#cleanforthequeen

mizfit

Then why was he born with a hierarchical title placing him above "commoners", and why was his future role as Head of State determined before he even knew he had feet?

His title is inherited by accident of birth yes, as it has been for over a thousand years. I don't think anyone really believes it places him above 'commoners' in today's Britain though. If you feel it does, then that's your issue.

It's just a title, I don't believe there's a huge appetite to change how it works at the moment, most of us are fine with it, that's all.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His title is inherited by accident of birth yes, as it has been for over a thousand years. I don't think anyone really believes it places him above 'commoners' in today's Britain though. If you feel it does, then that's your issue.

It's just a title, I don't believe there's a huge appetite to change how it works at the moment, most of us are fine with it, that's all.

Eh? If you're going to support something, at least know what it stands for. The whole system of aristocracy and royalty is one of peerage versus commons. Don't you recall the excited babble of the media when good Prince William deigned to marry the first commoner since Henry VIII slung one up Anne Boleyn?

What a terrible comparison. How bitter is your average Republican Nationalist, it must be awful to live a life feeling so angry yet downtrodden and quietly loathing, unable to have the self-confidence to accept another persons viewpoint and then just dismiss them as 'thick', it's f*ckin desperate.

Most see the Queen for what she is; a Ceremonial Figurehead who holds little power or influence, but hold an affinity to her long held position as Head of State and her place in the History of this Country. It's no big deal and certainly not worth losing sleep over. We enjoy it for what it is.

A woman who you've claimed commands the "hearts and minds" of millions of people also holds "little power or influence". ????

Not interested in the financial arguments on either side. The monarchy should be abolished because it's completely wrong.

This. Absolutely this.

I actually have a lot of sympathy with the younger individuals in the family - they're never going to be able to have a normal existence, or do what they really want to do. The modern world has taken away a lot of the hidden shenanigans that used to go on 'at court'.

It was a horrendous concept in the 20th century never mind the 21st.

A woman who you've claimed commands the "hearts and minds" of millions of people also holds "little power or influence".

Nice twist but..

1) I haven't claimed to be a supporter or otherwise I accept it for what it is.

2) I didn't say she 'commanded hearts and minds' at all (read it again and stop making things up)

I've no wish to argue with you, I don't hold such an entrenched view on this but your opinion is clear, thank you.

How likely do you think it is that Prince Charles will take advantage of this legal quirk and detonate a nuclear bomb?

Any man that would jump over Diana to get to Camilla has got to be worth watching.

How likely do you think it is that Prince Charles will take advantage of this legal quirk and detonate a nuclear bomb?

Who can say...

Tbf sss said could not would, perfectly correct.

f**k the monarchy anyway, outdated nonsense

• 2 weeks later...

Pick up yer dug's shite or we'll stick a wee flag in it? How is that embarrassing to anyone other than the weirdo who's wandering around with the flags?

...unless this is just someone who likes to get up close 'n' personal with dog turds and needs a cover story to stop people calling the police when they're at the local park.

I'm going to go to London and take a shite in the street. I can't think of any more fitting tribute I can pay to the monarchy than the Queen passing by one of my turds lying on the street with a wee union jack sticking out of it.

Archived