Gardening Thread

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah, I suppose you could use putty but might look neater with glazing beads.  Just narrow 10mm x 10mm or so) strips of wood that would hold the Perspex in place.  

I'm only using perspex for the roof panels. The vertical walls are huge super heavy double glazed jobs that I got when they dismantled a porch at an office building. I'm sure the whole thing will come crashing down. The wood is untreated stuff that they use to stop cargo moving in containers in transit.

I'd imagine tubs of putty are cheaper than loads of tubesof silicon and less messy too.

• 2 weeks later...

hafta say, the demure Frances Tophill has added a new dimension to this evening's Gardener's World with a few suitably summery downblouse glimpses

brings back memories of Time Team's "trench-cam", with any number of vest-wearing history students along with Bettany Hughes and Alice Roberts back in the day...

*archived image reproduced for reference purposes only*

image.png.e53419e49656dffd6f58ac2b7562b401.png

Edited by Herman Hessian

3 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

hafta say, the demure Frances Tophill has added a new dimension to this evening's Gardener's World with a few suitably summery downblouse glimpses

brings back memories of Time Team's "trench-cam", with any number of vest-wearing history students along with Bettany Hughes and Alice Roberts back in the day...

*archived image reproduced for reference purposes only*

image.png.e53419e49656dffd6f58ac2b7562b401.png

Absolutely glorious programme tonight.

Will probably seek more detailed advice once its done but the work I am getting done is coming on. Beds will be ready next week. What i have got is about 10 inch of topsoil retained by wooden sleepers, about 2 foot wide up the length of my garden.

So big enough for bushes, wee trees or shrubs etc. What should I be putting in there, can I do it at this time of year if I buy plants rather than seeds? Will I need to sling some compost among it aswell?

So old boy decided he wanted to get a fountain feature (x2) in my garden. Not gonna say no so yeah let's go for it.
Put it in an area kids dont really go near.
Bricks I have left over ( white anes) I wanna do something we them.
What however I'm unsure. Suggestions are welcome.
20190729_144758.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/07/2019 at 17:46, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

My greenhouse is flying up.

Going to need a "no fat chicks" sign because The entrance is only 16 inches wide. Scavenged all the wood and glass so limited as to what way it would go together hence the tiny doorway.

Will have to fork out for perspex sheets for the roof but so far I've spent about 35 quid on screws, bolts and brackets.

And I'll treat it with a dark stain at the end.

20190715_173613.jpg

Greenhouse is starting to take shape. Some of the walls are wonky but when the roof frame goes on it will hopefully straighten up.

20190811_200202.jpg

On 29/07/2019 at 15:11, G_Man1985 said:

So old boy decided he wanted to get a fountain feature (x2) in my garden. Not gonna say no so yeah let's go for it.
20190729_144758.jpeg

Didn’t realise you were such a big @Bairnardo fan. Garden looking good.

On 29/07/2019 at 15:11, G_Man1985 said:

20190729_144758.jpeg

Take them to games and throw them at supporters buses.

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Who isn't a Bairnardo fan?

Exactly :)

Wish it would stop raining maybe get the grass cut about Wednesday at this rate.  

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

• 2 months later...

Anyone p&b'ers on here do a bit of machine digging with mini jcb's or anything?
My back gardens very slopey, and I've been quoted £700 for someone to come in, dig it out onto 2 levels and take away the spoil.
Anyone here fancy getting involved or know of anyone who does such a thing?

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone p&b'ers on here do a bit of machine digging with mini jcb's or anything?
My back gardens very slopey, and I've been quoted £700 for someone to come in, dig it out onto 2 levels and take away the spoil.
Anyone here fancy getting involved or know of anyone who does such a thing?

What sort of size is it? Seems a pretty reasonable price