Early round shocks and memorable matches

forever_blue

Seeing as it's cup weekend , thought it would be a wee bit of fun to start a thread about some of the memorable early round shocks and memorable games for over the years

So get the videos posted and what in your opinion is your clubs biggest shock result in the cup?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunno if it counts as an "early round" but Clyde 2 Celtic 1 is undoubtedly one of the most shocking results in the cup's history. Should've been about five-nil too. Was the ten year anniversary yesterday.

Did yous not have two goals given for offside before you got your first that day?

Two immediately spring to mind from our less than glorious recent history in the cup.

2003 away to Ross County as a Third Division team whilst they were in the first. My mate's old man winning a few quid on 2-1 Morton with Williams to score first funded the carry out for the way home on the train too. Excellent afternoon's entertainment.

Then, as a Second Division team in 2007 playing Killie at Cappielow and coming back from 0-1 down. We gave them a bit of a doing that day. Fantastic :).

Remember reading a few years back that Hamilton were in the premier division at the time , why was it considered such a shock ?

Because Accies were gash in that season. Think they lost 8-3 at Celtic Park and their first win (away at Easter Road) didn't happen until October/November time.

Culter 1-1 Partick Thistle a few years ago raised a good chuckle. Pretty sure there was a fan recorded video doing the rounds of the Thistle fans going mental at their players as they trudged off

You asked for memorable matches. This is one for me.

It was only a shock because Accies were worse then than we are now.

No I am not disputing it was a memorable result and score line , I just always wrongly assumed that Hamilton were a division below us at the time untill I read differently a few years back , game took place more than half a decade before I was born so don't know the details regarding the shock factor from it

Archived