Montrose v Shire

Big game tommorow for both teams.Im hoping Hegarty and Holty have 1-2 new faces in by saturday which we badly need,but all is quiet on that at the moment.We have to go back to four at the back and two up top.Gary fraser lone striker is just not working.Be a tough game with morale low in the camp at present.Hoping for all 3 points come saturday 4.45pm.....pretty please :)

Gary Fraser is out suspended tomorrow.

Leaving us probably with Ross Campbell upfront on his own or partnered by Kyle Mcleod.

If we lose this tomorrow then we really are in deep shit. Fortunately the league is much tighther than it was last year.

We really need a run of wins soon. Who knows whether it will start tomorrow.

Gary Fraser is out suspended tomorrow.

Leaving us probably with Ross Campbell upfront on his own or partnered by Kyle Mcleod.

If we lose this tomorrow then we really are in deep shit. Fortunately the league is much tighther than it was last year.

We really need a run of wins soon. Who knows whether it will start tomorrow.

great!!!!!!let's hope we get a striker in on loan then....

Exact same fixture this weekend last year resulted in us winning 1-0 and being lifted of the bottom of the league. I would definitely take the same this time but know were capable of much better if we play as well as we can play. Really looking forward to seeing the new loan signings again as they were class against Stirling, especially Thomas Orr.

Can't wait for the trip, just hope its no that cold haha!

Don't be so negative. The boys are working hard and the draw with Annan and east fife shows they want to get back on the winning streak again. It is important they win tomorrow. Don't think there will be any new signings but we need to get behind the team. Hopefully Ross Campbell won't be at the back which should make a big difference and Matty should be available. Let's get behind the team .

The proverbial game of two halves. Two decent goals from Shire, although you could question the Montrose defending/goalkeeping for both, familiar theme?

Second half, Montrose were well on top, with Adrian being the stand out in my opinion. Great build up and finish for the winner.

Hopefully kick on from here.

Honestly have to say I was worried about this game and wasn't too worried about missing this game. However the old vectrabus was rocking as the result came in on open all mics. Think after speaking to Paul Watson last weekend he did what he could as a captain and pushed the team.

Mon the Mo!

well, a win's a win and as that is our first since Hallowe'en we'll take it, especially given where the game was ten minutes into the second half.

We started brightly again, but faded badly. After the first quarter of the game, we gave away two appallingly cheap goals in front of the Dynamo and I don't think the Shire could really believe their luck. Our confidence disappeared, we spent much less time attacking, and the game looked to be drifting, aimlessly, towards another avoidable defeat. The team were booed off at half time and rightly so.

The management made no changes and in the second half the pattern seemed to be repeating itself. We had no dig in the middle of the park. Shire- fatefully- seemed to have settled for hat they were gofted in the opening 45 mins.

Montrose graudally built up a head of steam with Ferguson and Mallagaray prominent. Webster turned a cross in at the back post past the flapping Barnard and all of a sudden we looked livelier. Shire held us at bay for a while longer and they looked like they might have held out for long enough.

The equaliser came as a result of some strocious defending and goalkeeping. The ball was headed across his own goal by a Shire defender; the ball should have been gettable but never underestimate the ability of clownshoe keeper Barnard to make an arse of it. He duly missed the ball totally and Greg Pascazio, lurking at the far post, seemed almost shocked as he headed home into an empty net. 2-2. Shire were rocking by this stage and simply could not find a pass anywehre on the park. Everytime they hit the ball, it seemed to go out for a throw in.

Montrose were getting traction down both wings and the winner came with five minutes left. Young Comrie had had a good game in midfield,and the ball broke to him from Webster on the right. Twenty five yards out, on the edge of the area, he hit a scooped right foot shot which left Barnard stranded, and dropped just in under the bar. 3-2.

I expected a late siege from the Shire but they looked bizarrely jaded and out of sorts in the last quarter. Montrose held out comfortably despite some frankly annoying and unnecessary time wasting by the corner flag towards the end. Shire looked so deflated I am sure that further attacks would have resulted in further goals.

Mallagaray was man of the match, having his best game ina Montrose shirt; he covered every rubber granule on the artificial pitch. Ferguson and Comrie impressed with their hard work. I liked Buist at the back, too; he's a talker and organiser and worth the risk, surely, as a signing. Lord knows we need defenders with a bit of nous.

It's hugely enjoyable to win after such a horrible drought. I hope that this isn't allowed to paper over the cracks, however. Huge doubts remain up front and in the centre of the park and these areas of the team urgently need strengthening in the transfer window. We have ability in our squad. It just needs bolstering if we are to keep the play off threat at bay.

We still have massive room for improvement but finally we delivered a much needed win, hopefully we can take some confidence from this.

Enjoyable game for the neutral. Montrose were murder first half. Shire murder in the second. I've been saying for months that I couldn't understand why Ryan Ferguson wasn't getting a chance in this side and he proved why today. He gave Montrose real energy and quality going forward and deservedly got man of the match.

Great to see Buisty get another 90 minutes under his belt. As someone mentioned above Montrose could do a lot worse than offer him a deal until the end of the season. May not be the quickest but he's an organiser and an experienced head in an otherwise youthful back line.

I thought at the start of the first half Montrose played well - successful forays with the wide men, especially Ferguson, but we faded badly. Suspect marking for first goal. Total brain-fart of a decision for Millar to come for the ball for the second - a gift of a goal for Shire.

Second half formation change to a back 4 seemed to do the trick. Progressively kept the ball for longer and longer in the shire half and felt goals were always coming. Buist not most pacey for a back 3 so glad he had extra cover. Great to see Greg get his first and cracking curler from Comrie to win it. Adrian deserved a goal for his efforts. May have got it had we not wasted so much time in the corner.

Why send subs out to warm up if you're never going to bring them on - must be torture sitting on the bench for the young lads. Campbell again tired and kept on - was spotted a couple times giving abuse to fans when questioned over his touch / passing / effort / decisions / ability [insert negative characteristic of choice].

Great to win again. Still require additions to squad though, but hope win will start push up close table.

jd_mo, on 09 Jan 2016 - 18:24, said:

Campbell again tired and kept on - was spotted a couple times giving abuse to fans when questioned over his touch / passing / effort / decisions / ability [insert negative characteristic of choice].

His body language/demeanour when we went 3-2 up was very unimpressive.

An ACTUAL WIN. :o

Hugely important. Keeps the heat off the manager and maybe just gives us the confidence boost to kick on. We spent 60 minutes asleep and only woke up when we scored and realised how poor the opposition were.

Nice to be reacquainted with this feeling tonight = 8)

Archived