What player makes you tick...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moffat and Falkingham for me. Moff has brilliant movement and is very good on the ball. Josh keeps firing off passes and snapping away at folk and I always feel better when he is in midfield. He must be annoying as f**k to play against. Plus he often pulls out some fantastic passes.

Ross Docherty and Jamie Adams. Best midfield partnership in the league without a doubt.

If Stranraer can find a player like Adams to slot in beside Cairney I'd argue we'd have the best midfield in the league.

Gibson, Cairney, Player of Adams mould and Stirling.

Unfortunately a player of that quality isn't easy to come by at this level.

On the topic subject I'd have to say Willie Gibson. Really exciting on his day as is Andy Stirling. Great to see players getting at defences something these two do really well.

his fitness has improved vastly ,he is now showing what he is capable of, man of the match in our last 2 games,best player in this division by a mile

Could name players from most teams, including Stranraer, that are better than Cairney.

Obviously not current, but I'm sure some opposition fans in this division would testify, but Markus Paatelainen in our 3rd division winning side in 2005 was utterly unplayable at times. I understand it was in a side in a shitfest of a league but still, he was incredible up until the point of nearly losing his leg to a horror tackle. The poor guy never recovered from that but still got a move to the SPL with Inverness.

Obviously not current, but I'm sure some opposition fans in this division would testify, but Markus Paatelainen in our 3rd division winning side in 2005 was utterly unplayable at times. I understand it was in a side in a shitfest of a league but still, he was incredible up until the point of nearly losing his leg to a horror tackle. The poor guy never recovered from that but still got a move to the SPL with Inverness.

When yous came up he was unplayable, well against us anyway. Ran the show in an early season 4-0 win for your lot at Somerset.

When yous came up he was unplayable, well against us anyway. Ran the show in an early season 4-0 win for your lot at Somerset.

I think I'm right in saying it wasn't long after that he went to ICT. He continued to show glimpses of what he could do after the injury including that game you mention but he didn't reach the same heights as consistently as he previously did.

What is it with townies and their inability to acknowledge other sides have talented players?

Cairney has more ability than anyone I have seen this season and I don't miss many games.

He doesn't play for us so it's just an unbiased opinion.

What is it with townies and their inability to acknowledge other sides have talented players?

Cairney has more ability than anyone I have seen this season and I don't miss many games.

He doesn't play for us so it's just an unbiased opinion.

He's got talent, but simply having talent doesn't make you the best, you need the application to go with it.

I wouldn't say for example that Geggan and Adams are the most talented footballers but I'd have both of them ahead of Cairney by a mile.

Edited to add:-On pure talent I wouldn't put him ahead of Docherty either, and again that's just centre mids...

He's had two motm performances against Stenhousemuir and a depleted Ayr side with no centre mids and the boy is the best player in the division? I'd say the best players in the division are the ones who have been putting in good performances throughout the season. Cairney has been utterly and completely anonymous when we've played Stranraer(Cue him putting in a motm performance next...)

Even if we're talking about Centre midfielders I'd have Docherty, Falkingham, Adams, Geggan, Bell and Murdoch before Cairney, their will be more but that's what just some players who springs to mind.

He's got talent, but simply having talent doesn't make you the best, you need the application to go with it.

I wouldn't say for example that Geggan and Adams are the most talented footballers but I'd have both of them ahead of Cairney by a mile.

Edited to add:-On pure talent I wouldn't put him ahead of Docherty either, and again that's just centre mids...

He's had two motm performances against Stenhousemuir and a depleted Ayr side with no centre mids and the boy is the best player in the division? I'd say the best players in the division are the ones who have been putting in good performances throughout the season. Cairney has been utterly and completely anonymous when we've played Stranraer(Cue him putting in a motm performance next...)

Even if we're talking about Centre midfielders I'd have Docherty, Falkingham, Adams, Geggan, Bell and Murdoch before Cairney, their will be more but that's what just some players who springs to mind.

This.

I go to football yes to hopefully see my team win but also to see ability. Boys with vision and ability to change games. I must be in the minority.

Archived