Jump to content

New Air Routes from Scotland


FlyerTon
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...

Emirates starting a daily direct Edinburgh to Dubai flight. Good news for me as it's easier than Glasgow. 8.15pm take off ideal too as means I can still catch my preferred connection to HK.

Edited by Mr Gandosaur
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr Gandosaur said:

Emirates starting a daily direct Edinburgh to Dubai flight. Good news for me as it's easier than Glasgow. 8.15pm take off ideal too as means I can still catch my preferred connection to HK.

Some of the early prices on this route look horrific though, only googled a couple of dates through to sydney but emirates were consistently about $500 more than qatar

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, fanny paddery said:

Some of the early prices on this route look horrific though, only googled a couple of dates through to sydney but emirates were consistently about $500 more than qatar

It's roughly the the same as the Glasgow flights but they are pricey too. Emirates flights to Manchester/Birmingham tend to be cheaper but I can't be bothered with 2 changes. 

I've never flown Qatar as I have quite a lot of air miles with Emirates but have heard good things about them. Already booked up for July but might look at them for my Christmas flights.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good news on the direct to Dubai but ill probably still use the lunchtime service direct from Glasgow as timings suit.However etihad are cancelling there Abu Dhabi service from Edinburgh as i think the Qatari service being so much cheaper saw a big decline in there numbers

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah after looking at it more closely the take off from Edinburgh is actually 6.30. The late Glasgow flight still works out better for me. It's a 1 hr 45 min connection where as Edinburgh would leave me in Dubai for 4.5 hours both ways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 09/05/2018 at 09:27, doulikefish said:

Good news on the direct to Dubai but ill probably still use the lunchtime service direct from Glasgow as timings suit.However etihad are cancelling there Abu Dhabi service from Edinburgh as i think the Qatari service being so much cheaper saw a big decline in there numbers

 

As you’re someone who I think travels a lot, would you know the cheapest route from Scotland to Asia? Which airport would you be best going into? Singapore?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

As you’re someone who I think travels a lot, would you know the cheapest route from Scotland to Asia? Which airport would you be best going into? Singapore?

I've family in New Zealand who regularly come over and Singapore Airlines  has nearly always been the best option, balancing price and ease of connections. Some of the newish Chinese Airlines might beat them on price though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I've family in New Zealand who regularly come over and Singapore Airlines  has nearly always been the best option, balancing price and ease of connections. Some of the newish Chinese Airlines might beat them on price though.

Tried to research all the major Asian hubs going from the UK and Singapore from London one way was £200ish. Not sure I’ll beat that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tried to research all the major Asian hubs going from the UK and Singapore from London one way was £200ish. Not sure I’ll beat that.


Asia is obviously huge, so a lot depends on where you actually plan to go. The cheapest price isnt always the best option either when your spending 11-15 hours on a plane.

Singapore Airlines are good, but usually expensive.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

 


Asia is obviously huge, so a lot depends on where you actually plan to go. The cheapest price isnt always the best option either when your spending 11-15 hours on a plane.

Singapore Airlines are good, but usually expensive.

 

 

Apologies, Southeast Asia more specifically. Not too fussed about where I go into first as the internal flights seem very cheap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

KL would be a decent landing point as its home to Air Asia, but again it depends where you would like to go. Even SEA is bigger than Europe so could be beneficial going straight to the country your want to spend most time.

Idea is to travel around Singapore, Vietnam, Cambodia and the Thai Islands. No specific order but just trying to find the cheapest route.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

As you’re someone who I think travels a lot, would you know the cheapest route from Scotland to Asia? Which airport would you be best going into? Singapore?

As has been said,get your dates nailed down and hit google as airlines go through stages of being a bit more or a bit less than others.The Qatari flight from Edinburgh via Dhoa seems to be the cheapest at the moment out to the far east

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Heard a rumour today that there are plans to start flights next year from Inverness to Iceland (I assume to Keflavik).

Looks like just one weekend package to Akureyri, and it ain't cheap.

https://www.superbreak.com/themeparks-attractions/incredible-iceland-from-inverness

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That'll probably be it then.

Seemingly, in terms of the Inverness to Bergen flights, is that Loganair will run the route for a year and if it has been deemed a success, they'll add a new flight from Inverness to Oslo.  Seemingly they're also on the brink of finalising a new route between Inverness and an unnamed destination in Spain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

That'll probably be it then.

Seemingly, in terms of the Inverness to Bergen flights, is that Loganair will run the route for a year and if it has been deemed a success, they'll add a new flight from Inverness to Oslo.  Seemingly they're also on the brink of finalising a new route between Inverness and an unnamed destination in Spain.

Have you been to Bergen yet? Mulling over it myself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • FlyerTon changed the title to New Air Routes from Scotland

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...