New Air Routes from Scotland

FlyerTon

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Elixir said:

Ryanair doing bits. Hopefully other carriers soon follow and the Scottish Government sit the f**k down.

Not sure why you're dragging the SG into this, the only bit in the article is about Westminster dropping the air passenger duty. Another thing Westminster could do for Scottish tourism is drop the demand for EU citizens to carry passports as well as their ID cards that function fine in the rest of Europe. Only around half bother paying for passports because they don't do long haul.

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Not sure why you're dragging the SG into this, the only bit in the article is about Westminster dropping the air passenger duty. Another thing Westminster could do for Scottish tourism is drop the demand for EU citizens to carry passports as well as their ID cards that function fine in the rest of Europe. Only around half bother paying for passports because they don't do long haul.

Would you prefer it if we just pretended that the Scottish Government haven't been pushing the anti travel rhetoric for two years? If the UK Government scrap the passenger locator forms and testing requirements for unvaccinated entrants next week, the Scottish Government's acquiescence along with a shady comment is as good as we can hope for. With any luck they won't try and railroad in their own Scottish form in its place. I wonder what their wee Green chums will try and influence as well.

20 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Would you prefer it if we just pretended that the Scottish Government haven't been pushing the anti travel rhetoric for two years? If the UK Government scrap the passenger locator forms and testing requirements for unvaccinated entrants next week, the Scottish Government's acquiescence along with a shady comment is as good as we can hope for. With any luck they won't try and railroad in their own Scottish form in its place. I wonder what their wee Green chums will try and influence as well.

You're going to be lost with Covid rapidly becoming a done deal. Maybe you could join Tod on the the Scotrail thread? Wee Nippy made my train late kind of thing?

Edited by welshbairn

24 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You're going to be lost with Covid rapidly becoming a done deal. Maybe you could join Tod on the the Scotrail thread? Wee Nippy made my train late kind of thing?

It will be a done deal when the Scottish Government stop being gormless losers unlike every other country in Northern Europe, champ. Hopefully soon, but sadly there's plenty of dragging for them still to do yet. At least you'll be able to carry on simping for the rest of your days, though!

Edinburgh is becoming like the London of the North and sucking the life from the rest of the country.

It's really not healthy and at this rate we'd be as well closing Glasgow Airport for all the routes that it has.

16 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Edinburgh is becoming like the London of the North and sucking the life from the rest of the country.

It's really not healthy and at this rate we'd be as well closing Glasgow Airport for all the routes that it has.

Aye, Inverness and Aberdeen were expanding with more routes before Covid, hopefully airlines see the potential again. Reopening to Norway and Iceland from Inverness would be nice to start with.

3 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

If there were Saturday flights it might have been worth teams flying for some Wick Academy games.

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/02/2022 at 21:52, welshbairn said:

Aye, Inverness and Aberdeen were expanding with more routes before Covid, hopefully airlines see the potential again. Reopening to Norway and Iceland from Inverness would be nice to start with.

Did that Inverness to Akureyri ever run?  Remember it being announced and then never hearing much about it (other than it seemed more of a glorified charter flight).  I've wondered in the past if a Inverness-Iceland flight would be viable, essentially for folk who're going transatlantic - even if the flights were to Reykjavik Domestic as opposed to Keflavik.  

I see there's also flights starting between Dundee and Sumburgh.

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Did that Inverness to Akureyri ever run?

I think so, although maybe Covid kyboshed it. It was a package holiday thing, not ridiculously expensive if you went for a budget hotel. I was mildly tempted but I think I'd be keener on Reykjavik.