New Air Routes from Scotland

FlyerTon

On 17/04/2023 at 19:00, O_Kahn said:

I suppose having lobbied for a domestic APD cut for long, Ryanair had to give it a go.

Ryanair had to set up a UK subsidiary to operate intra-UK flights after Brexit. Of course, it doesn't mean it has to keep serving domestic routes now it's done this, but they obviously think they can make a go of it. 

Edited by Michael W

16 hours ago, Ekhibee88 said:

Surprised Easyjet only have two routes out of Aberdeen to Luton and Gatwick. Manchester was served but not for long. Surprised Wizz air are still there.

Aberdeen to Gdansk is quite handy for linking to out of the way places like Georgia for example, and worth a visit in its own right.

LoganAir prices and service all in are poor. I use them regularly through work and they think because you get shortbread and half a cup of water free makes up for the poor service. it doesn't.

The caramel wafers, somewhat do though.

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/04/2023 at 20:22, Ekhibee88 said:

Surprised Easyjet only have two routes out of Aberdeen to Luton and Gatwick. Manchester was served but not for long. Surprised Wizz air are still there.

Easyjet also have their seasonal route to Geneva, which has lasted a few years.

image.png.7fb4e5ff12750359c0f707b6bdb6c853.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/04/2023 at 07:18, welshbairn said:

Aberdeen to Gdansk is quite handy for linking to out of the way places like Georgia for example, and worth a visit in its own right.

Quick question, as you seem knowledgeable, how much of pre-WW2 Danzig survived WW2 and the Russians?

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

Quick question, as you seem knowledgeable, how much of pre-WW2 Danzig survived WW2 and the Russians?

Like most Central European cities they've done a great job of resurrecting the town centre in pretty much the original style, referred to as in most places as 'the old town', so it's hard to tell as a tourist what survived WW2 and what's rebuilt from scratch.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Like most Central European cities they've done a great job of resurrecting the town centre in pretty much the original style, referred to as in most places as 'the old town', so it's hard to tell as a tourist what survived WW2 and what's rebuilt from scratch.

That’s what I figured. My grandmother lived in a small courtyard building that over looked the harbour, and woke in 1939 to the German battleship Schleswig-Holstein firing on the Westerplatt. Always wondered if any of that building survived.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

That’s what I figured. My grandmother lived in a small courtyard building that over looked the harbour, and woke in 1939 to the German battleship Schleswig-Holstein firing on the Westerplatt. Always wondered if any of that building survived.

I didn't notice any old looking buildings around the docks, I think it was probably all flattened, the centre of town is a few miles away by the river.

If any of the German airlines could bring back the direct flights to Munich I would very much appreciate it. Haven't been available since before the pandemic. 

On 22/05/2023 at 08:30, GiGi said:

If any of the German airlines could bring back the direct flights to Munich I would very much appreciate it. Haven't been available since before the pandemic. 

Lufthansa fly direct to Munich From Edinburgh. Flew with them last year. 

Also flew via Frankfurt. Wasn't any drama transferring.

On 22/05/2023 at 08:30, GiGi said:

16 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

Lufthansa fly direct to Munich From Edinburgh. Flew with them last year. 

Easyjet too, I think they pretty well split up the week between them, Easyjet fly on Mon, Wed and Sat.

Just not ever on the dates I travel then. Been twice in the last year and going again shortly and neither Glasgow or Edinburgh have had direct flights.

• 2 weeks later...

Easyjet on a bit of an expansion

New routes - 

Glasgow to:

Barcelona

Dalaman

Pula

Edinburgh to:

Gibraltar

Catania

Also in the press but not in easyJets website says Edinburgh to Antalya 

23 hours ago, 101 said:

Easyjet on a bit of an expansion

New routes - 

Glasgow to:

Barcelona

Dalaman

Pula

Edinburgh to:

Gibraltar

Catania

Also in the press but not in easyJets website says Edinburgh to Antalya 

Easyjet used to operate Glasgow-Pula previously - in fact they had on sale for this summer for a while, then pulled it.

Anyone know if the Air France flights to/from Edinburgh use the same “terminal” as the Air France international flights? Can’t find any reassurance, it looks like a terminal change from one letter to another, which suggests French Passport control between flights…unless there’s a trick.

Edited by TxRover