New Air Routes from Scotland

FlyerTon

The Easyjet flights from Inverness and Aberdeen to Manchester have stopped. I wonder why they can make Inverness to Bristol work but not those to the North of England. I remember Ryanair was the same with routes to Liverpool and East Midland. Is it down to not enough volume/demand?

4 hours ago, Ekhibee88 said:

The Easyjet flights from Inverness and Aberdeen to Manchester have stopped. I wonder why they can make Inverness to Bristol work but not those to the North of England. I remember Ryanair was the same with routes to Liverpool and East Midland. Is it down to not enough volume/demand?

They were just poaching passengers from Loganair during the summer season, they'll probably start again in May/June. That's the case for Inverness anyway. They haven't any competition on the Bristol route.

• 2 months later...

Wonder how long it will be until there are no commercial flights out of Prestwick. Only Ryanair left, with seasonal flights to holiday islands. Used to be a really handy wee airport.

Bring back Prestwick - Stansted.

On 23/01/2023 at 17:01, Elixir said:

I find it bizarre and frustrating that there are no flights from Edinburgh or Glasgow to Ljubljana.

You can't even really get that near it either. Zagreb is just over 2hrs by train, but there's no direct flights there either.

Venice or Vienna your best bets, but you're looking at a 4-5hr train journey which is pretty off-putting if you're looking at a short city break. A small city, but a very nice on. Slovenia in general is fantastic and pretty easy to get about when you're there. 

I suppose there is BA/AF/KLM/Lufthansa from EDI and so a decent selection of connection opportunities, but not ideal.

I'm keen to go on a short break and take in a game during the Euro qualifiers at the end of March and I'm eyeing up Ljubljana. I was hoping to do a double header with another country, but there doesn't seem to be any other matches within a reasonable train journey from Slovenia. I would have gone to a Croatia home game as well, but they are playing in Split instead of Zagreb. And there's no chance I'm going anywhere Milan when Italy are playing England.

I was there a while back, had to go via Stansted but it was the first year EasyJet ran it and the flights were only about a fiver. Thought Edinburgh-Klagenfurt was maybe an option but apparently not. Love Slovenia, stayed at Kranjska Gora and used a car.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Travelling from Inverness I'm used to having to change planes at English airports, you can connect to Ljubljana flights at Luton and 

Never knew easyJet/Wizz offered connecting flights. Or would you need a separate ticket? 

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Never knew easyJet/Wizz offered connecting flights. Or would you need a separate ticket? 

Easyjet do but you have to pay a bit extra for guaranteed connections, not sure about Wizz. 

On 25/01/2023 at 16:39, Elixir said:

Recovery well under way. I wonder if the 14.7 million from 2019 will be topped this year, or if it won't be till 2024.

So much for the Great Reset conspiracy then.

Zagreb to Ljubljana is cheap, fast and scenic by train; Vienna is a longer journey but completely viable too.