New Air Routes from Scotland

FlyerTon

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

They're also either building or about to start building a railway station at Inverness Airport as well.  Hardly something they'd do if it was going to be closed...

I don't see the point in that tbh, they'll have to have a shuttle bus and it's only 20 minutes by bus from Inverness and Nairn anyway. It will be as useless as Dyce station is for getting to Aberdeen airport.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I remember there being talk of lengthening the runway at the airport in the 2000s in order to take bigger planes.  Having seasonal/holiday charter flights to North America was also one of the reasons for it as I recall.

JFK and Miami I remember seeing.  Could get to JFK from here in 5 and a half hours easy.

Edit - Orlando sorry.

Edited by TheScarf

50 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

JFK and Miami I remember seeing.  Could get to JFK from here in 5 and a half hours easy.

Edit - Orlando sorry.

I definitely remember seeing Orlando being mentioned (I assume for holiday charters).  Some people might wonder if there'd be much uptake in the other direction but in normal times Inverness is packed with Americans over the summer/autumn.  

47 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

If you got an early flight you could go for the day.

There’s a guy on YouTube I follow who flew to Texas and back for a steak. All within 20 hours.

Just now, Karpaty Lviv said:

Noel Philips. That guy must have the flights paid for by someone else, I’m not really sure how it works but there’s no way he is using his own cash. 

That’s the boy. Presumably from YouTube royalties and discount codes from the various sponsors he has. There’s quite a few travel vloggers where it’s their full time job.

I watched his videos a while ago and while some of them were quite interesting, there was something about him I couldn't take to.  He just seems a bit of a wet blanket and his constant complaining felt a bit entitled.  In one video he was complaining about how dirty the plane was, yet went into the Egyptair toilets in his socks!  Not really a fan of his flying for the sake of flying either.  Considering how big a polluter air travel is I'm not really sure 'flying to Texas for a steak!' really sets the best example.

Edited by Highland Capital

16 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I watched his videos a while ago and while some of them were quite interesting, there was something about him I couldn't take to.  He just seems a bit of a wet blanket and his constant complaining felt a bit entitled.  In one video he was complaining about how dirty the plane was, yet went into the Egyptair toilets in his socks!  Not really a fan of his flying for the sake of flying either.  Considering how big a polluter air travel is I'm not really sure 'flying to Texas for a steak!' is really sets the best example.

A few of his latest videos have become quite tiresome. I'll admit. Paul Lucas' reviews are really good.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/02/2021 at 11:50, Highland Capital said:

I see EasyJet are starting flights from Inverness to Belfast International.  The Dublin flights seem to have disappeared but we'll soon have flights to two different Belfast airports.

Pretty sure Easyjet have served that route before. 

They are also launching Newquay from Glasgow.

On 26/02/2021 at 11:50, Highland Capital said:

I see EasyJet are starting flights from Inverness to Belfast International.  The Dublin flights seem to have disappeared but we'll soon have flights to two different Belfast airports.

The Dublin flights might return. They were the second leg on the Manchester - Inverness flight - anyone know what that plane is doing now once it gets to the sneck?

Also, I heard that as part of the PSO at Wick, we could see an Inverness - Wick - Kirkwall flight.