New Air Routes from Scotland

FlyerTon

Flybe have announced they'll be re-starting their Edinburgh to Belfast route from June before similar to Birmingham in July.  Apparently offering discounts and offers for early bookers if either of these destinations is what anyone's looking for.

ETA      I now see they are also restarting a number of routes from Glasgow, Aberdeen & Inverness as well.  The story i saw only related to Edinburgh. 

Edited by hearthammer

1 hour ago, hearthammer said:

Flybe have announced they'll be re-starting their Edinburgh to Belfast route from June before similar to Birmingham in July.  Apparently offering discounts and offers for early bookers if either of these destinations is what anyone's looking for.

ETA      I now see they are also restarting a number of routes from Glasgow, Aberdeen & Inverness as well.  The story i saw only related to Edinburgh. 

Belfast City (BHD) to Birmingham (BHX) From 13th April up to 4x Daily

Belfast City (BHD) to Glasgow (GLA From 14th April up to 4x Daily

Amsterdam (AMS) to Birmingham (BHX) From 28th April Daily

Amsterdam (AMS) to East Midlands (EMA) From 28th April Daily

Belfast City (BHD) to Leeds Bradford (LBA) From 28th April up to 3x Daily

Belfast City (BHD) to London Heathrow (LHR) From 28th April up to 2x Daily

Leeds Bradford (LBA) to London Heathrow (LHR) From 28th April Up to 3x Daily

Amsterdam (AMS) to Belfast City (BHD) From 28th May Daily

Amsterdam (AMS) to London Heathrow (LHR) From 29th May up to 2x Daily

Belfast City (BHD) to Edinburgh (EDI) From 23rd June up to 3x Daily

Belfast City (BHD) to East Midlands (EMA) From 7th July up to 2x Daily

Belfast City (BHD) to Manchester (MAN) From 7th July up to 4x Daily

Avignon Provence (AVN) to Birmingham (BHX) From 9th July Weekly

Brest Bretagne (BES) to Birmingham (BHX) From 9th July Weekly

Avignon Provence (AVN) to Southampton (SOU) From 23rd July Weekly

Southampton (SOU) to Toulon Hyères (TLN) From 24th July Weekly

Belfast City (BHD) to Southampton (SOU) From 28th July up to 2x Daily

Birmingham (BHX) to Edinburgh (EDI) From 28th July up to 4x Daily

Birmingham (BHX) to Glasgow (GLA) From 28th July up to 3x Daily

Aberdeen (ABZ) to Birmingham (BHX) From 18th August Daily

Aberdeen (ABZ) to Belfast City (BHD) From 25th August up to 4x Weekly

Belfast City (BHD) to Inverness (INV) From 25th August up to 4x Weekly

Belfast City (BHD) to Newcastle (NCL) From 25th August Daily

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Belfast City (BHD) to Birmingham (BHX) From 13th April up to 4x Daily

Belfast City (BHD) to Glasgow (GLA From 14th April up to 4x Daily

Amsterdam (AMS) to Birmingham (BHX) From 28th April Daily

Amsterdam (AMS) to East Midlands (EMA) From 28th April Daily

Belfast City (BHD) to Leeds Bradford (LBA) From 28th April up to 3x Daily

Belfast City (BHD) to London Heathrow (LHR) From 28th April up to 2x Daily

Leeds Bradford (LBA) to London Heathrow (LHR) From 28th April Up to 3x Daily

Amsterdam (AMS) to Belfast City (BHD) From 28th May Daily

Amsterdam (AMS) to London Heathrow (LHR) From 29th May up to 2x Daily

Belfast City (BHD) to Edinburgh (EDI) From 23rd June up to 3x Daily

Belfast City (BHD) to East Midlands (EMA) From 7th July up to 2x Daily

Belfast City (BHD) to Manchester (MAN) From 7th July up to 4x Daily

Avignon Provence (AVN) to Birmingham (BHX) From 9th July Weekly

Brest Bretagne (BES) to Birmingham (BHX) From 9th July Weekly

Avignon Provence (AVN) to Southampton (SOU) From 23rd July Weekly

Southampton (SOU) to Toulon Hyères (TLN) From 24th July Weekly

Belfast City (BHD) to Southampton (SOU) From 28th July up to 2x Daily

Birmingham (BHX) to Edinburgh (EDI) From 28th July up to 4x Daily

Birmingham (BHX) to Glasgow (GLA) From 28th July up to 3x Daily

Aberdeen (ABZ) to Birmingham (BHX) From 18th August Daily

Aberdeen (ABZ) to Belfast City (BHD) From 25th August up to 4x Weekly

Belfast City (BHD) to Inverness (INV) From 25th August up to 4x Weekly

Belfast City (BHD) to Newcastle (NCL) From 25th August Daily

As I said, i only saw an Edinburgh-related announcement.  Looks like they're looking to cut in big time to the businesses of Loganair, Ryanair & Easyjet.  If that means lower fares for the punters, then it can only be a good thing.

Cheers

1 hour ago, hearthammer said:

As I said, i only saw an Edinburgh-related announcement.  Looks like they're looking to cut in big time to the businesses of Loganair, Ryanair & Easyjet.  If that means lower fares for the punters, then it can only be a good thing.

Cheers

Hopefully they'll start some new routes from Scottish airports too.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this is the right thread for this but most airlines have now relaxed mask mandates:

All flights between England, Northern Ireland, Jersey, Isle of Man, Denmark, Finland, Czech Republic, Croatia, Bulgaria, Scotland, Slovenia, Sweden, Gibraltar, Switzerland, Hungary, Iceland and Poland: it's no longer a legal requirement to wear a mask if you're flying between any of these destinations. It may be helpful to have a mask with you, but wearing a mask is optional and your choice will be respected

EasyJet yesterday also implemented copying Ryanair’s awful policy of downsizing the carry-on luggage allowed. This means you now need to pay for additional carry-on baggage if you want to take a rucksack with you.

Not sure if this is the right thread for this but most airlines have now relaxed mask mandates:
All flights between England, Northern Ireland, Jersey, Isle of Man, Denmark, Finland, Czech Republic, Croatia, Bulgaria, Scotland, Slovenia, Sweden, Gibraltar, Switzerland, Hungary, Iceland and Poland: it's no longer a legal requirement to wear a mask if you're flying between any of these destinations. It may be helpful to have a mask with you, but wearing a mask is optional and your choice will be respected

EasyJet yesterday also implemented copying Ryanair’s awful policy of downsizing the carry-on luggage allowed. This means you now need to pay for additional carry-on baggage if you want to take a rucksack with you.
Masks are still compulsory on all Ryanair flights

Thanks I hadn’t seen that. I’m flying with easyJet tonight and had assumed this would be the same for all airlines. 
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifestyle/travel/tui-easyjet-ryanair-jet2-ba-26824282.amp

This article suggests most airlines no longer require masks (unless it’s law in the country travelling to/from) except 

Ryanair

KLM

Emirates

Air France

4 hours ago, AlwaysAPar said:

Re the bag rules, if you can shove it under the seat in front you should be ok. Unlikely unless it's just a weekend trip though.

easyJet changed their carry on rules at least a year ago. Rubbish, but I guess the covid losses have to be recouped somehow...

The amount they now charge for a case has been bumped up a lot as well. 

29 minutes ago, Michael W said:

easyJet changed their carry on rules at least a year ago. Rubbish, but I guess the covid losses have to be recouped somehow...

The amount they now charge for a case has been bumped up a lot as well. 

They made the carry-on allowance even smaller than before as of yesterday. For the past year you could get away with most rucksacks included in the basic fare.

7 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

do the staff check your bag size vs your ticket? 

At the front of the queue before boarding last night they had 2 slots. One that fits the new basic size (45cm x 36cm x 20cm) and the other for the “large cabin bag” which you can pay to bring (56cm x 45cm x 25cm). It says on your boarding pass if you’ve paid to upgrade so I’m guessing larger rucksacks etc. will be checked if you haven’t paid for the larger size.

15 hours ago, AlwaysAPar said:

They made the carry-on allowance even smaller than before as of yesterday. For the past year you could get away with most rucksacks included in the basic fare.

It's been 45 x 36 x 20 for a while now, no? 

I was booked to go on a holiday to Montenegro with them in May 2021 (canned due to covid) and the policy changed after I had booked. I was emailed and informed that I could only take a 45 x 36 x 20 bag on board, rather than the 56 x 45 x 25 I was allowed when booking. 

Maybe they just started enforcing it properly. 

The charges don't bother me. If I'm just away for a couple of days I'll just pack a change of underwear, shirt and toilet stuff and pay a ridiculously cheap fare, much longer and I'll pay the extra for the bigger bag, booked seat and fast track, and pay a normal fare. If you don't know the score in advance it would be annoying though.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know about new routes but I have just been charged 6.99 for a pint of IPA at Prestwick airport. Add a glass of house white and I was FIFTEEN fukin quid. Even by airport standards that is outrageous (especially given we will get both for about a fiver in 6 hours time in Gran Canaria)

On 01/05/2022 at 21:38, AlwaysAPar said:

They changed it to 45 x 36 x 20 cm in February last year. I know this because I had booked Easyjet flights from Paisley to Luton in December 2020 for the England v Scotland game in June 2021. They emailed me soon after booking to inform me of the change.

5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

They changed it to 45 x 36 x 20 cm in February last year. I know this because I had booked Easyjet flights from Paisley to Luton in December 2020 for the England v Scotland game in June 2021. They emailed me soon after booking to inform me of the change.

I think they offered me a free or discounted upgrade because I'd already booked too.

On 11/05/2022 at 12:10, Billy Jean King said:

Don't know about new routes but I have just been charged 6.99 for a pint of IPA at Prestwick airport. Add a glass of house white and I was FIFTEEN fukin quid. Even by airport standards that is outrageous (especially given we will get both for about a fiver in 6 hours time in Gran Canaria)

£39 in Spoons in Edinburgh Airport for two burgers & two pints. Airports are hovels propped up by cotton tracksuit wearing schemies who dose up on pints of dark fruits before causing a ruckus on their flights. 

A pint of ale in the Edinburgh Airport Wetherspoons was £4.50; which is on par with city centre prices (and somehow cheaper than a pint of Guinness in total old man, bin pub - Dickens). Really not seeing the grounds for complaint tbh. 

Edited by vikingTON