The Revanant

stawner upper

I like how the internet has been collectively raging for about a decade that DiCaprio has never won an Academy Award. Imagine that, him never, in his 41 years on the planet, not acting the best in a year out of all his fellow man. How dare the likes of McConaughey, Foxx and Whittaker act better than him.

Least we should now hear the end of it. For what it's worth, it's no where near his best performance.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say that his first nomination was the only one where I thought he was the better performance. The rest you could look at and say "aye, okay".

He was nominated for the wrong movie the year he got nominated for Blood Diamond though. He was superb in The Departed and had he been nominated for that, I'd have liked to have seen him win that one.

He was nominated for the wrong movie the year he got nominated for Blood Diamond though. He was superb in The Departed and had he been nominated for that, I'd have liked to have seen him win that one.

100% agree

Indeed. A fantastic performance in The Departed. One of many in that film. Think he got the Blood Diamond nod just because of his Zimbabwe accent more than anything else.

Indeed. A fantastic performance in The Departed. One of many in that film. Think he got the Blood Diamond nod just because of his Zimbabwe accent more than anything else.

The Departed being nominated for anything was a disgrace given it was a 100% copy of the classic asian cinema film Infernal Affairs. An absolute travesty it gets the publicity it does.

The Departed being nominated for anything was a disgrace given it was a 100% copy of the classic asian cinema film Infernal Affairs. An absolute travesty it gets the publicity it does.

Yep, sound logic there......

Wah wah wah. It was a tremendous movie. Couldn't give a f**k if it was a remake.

This - and a strong disagreement that it's a "100% remake" - there's so much more to it than that.

:lol: It's a fantastic film and well acted. I'd say it's one of Di Caprio's best films. Just because it's a remake doesn't mean that the film can't be excellent.

I'd rate The Revenant a 6/10. Some stunning scenery and Di Caprio does act well but it's nowhere near Oscar worthy to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched this recently. Thought it was good , but dragged on a bit too long. Also there was some ridiculous jump the shark moments in the film - waterfalls and horse on cliff etc...

Overall decent but wouldn't watch it again. 

Thought Hardy stole the show. 

I liked it though it did drag on..as for DiCaprio there's something I just dont belive in his acting...just looks to baby faced to be convincing..except in The Wolf, were his boyish good looks fitted to yuppy part.

Archived