Darvel v Troon Scottish cup tie

Darvel legend

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should have switched the game and made a game off it , Neil that was a bad decision ha ha ha

Speaking of Neil, I wonder if he's got his clothes back on yet?

Must admit, when I came to the game today the LAST thing I was expecting to see was the club Chairman running down the touch line in just his pants!

Must admit, when I came to the game today the LAST thing I was expecting to see was the club Chairman running down the touch line in just his pants!

I had my socks on. Shouldve gone to specsavers.

He just got a wee bit excited but surely no one can deny him that after the work he puts in

Darvel have not had much to celebrate for a long time. Today was great to be part of. One man who has followed Darvel since steering them to the final of the Scottish cup, and whose wife and family have been a big part of supporting the club, is Jim Wylie. This morning I learned that Jim is very ill and has only weeks to live. I know the club has played a part in his life and I hope today's result brought a smile to a true gentleman's face.

Darvel 2 scorers paris 1 Vernon 1

Troon 1 scorer forsyth 1

todays game at darvel was a game that one team was hungry for victory and the other seemed to lack leadership plus desire.The home side gave everything they had and considering they haven't played any game for five weeks they created the best chances and thorouly deserved their victory.

Troon lacked a punch up front and when darvel scored early on, Troon struggled to get a hold of the game.

Darvel won battles all over the park and when they went two up on 90 minuets the game was all but over.

a very late goal from Troon made it a nervy last minute for darvel.

When the final whistle went Darvel were into the last 16 of the Scottish cup to the delight of the fans players and all concerned.

A harsh lesson to learn at troon,deal with the conditions don't greet aboot the park.

Darvel 2 scorers paris 1 Vernon 1

Troon 1 scorer forsyth 1

todays game at darvel was a game that one team was hungry for victory and the other seemed to lack leadership plus desire.The home side gave everything they had and considering they haven't played any game for five weeks they created the best chances and thorouly deserved their victory.

Troon lacked a punch up front and when darvel scored early on, Troon struggled to get a hold of the game.

Darvel won battles all over the park and when they went two up on 90 minuets the game was all but over.

a very late goal from Troon made it a nervy last minute for darvel.

When the final whistle went Darvel were into the last 16 of the Scottish cup to the delight of the fans players and all concerned.

A harsh lesson to learn at troon,deal with the conditions don't greet aboot the park.

Not one of us at Troon F.C. greeted aboot the park, we are certainly not using that as an excuse. And for what it's worth, the park was looking better than I've ever seen it before the game despite the recent weather. It was a bit heavy, which is to be expected at this time of year, and it dug up quite a bit throughout, but that's not why we lost.

The rest of your match report is absolutely spot on (I'm afraid to say!). Darvel won their battles, chased & harried & took both of their goals very well. The way they started & then how they played after they took the lead was textbook & they were the better team, so very well done to them.

can I just make it clear troon Portland ,I am not blaming management or committee for complaining about the park ,some of your players were complaining during the game,surely that's the last thing you want to hear from your players.

Well done to paddy and his players, they more than deserved the victory today! The pitch is a credit to all the hard working darvel committee and I hope you get a favourable home draw in the next round!

All the best

Jimmy K

Credit to Darvel great result today and certainly did not see that coming.

Can I ask why you's celebrated like you's had won the cup? Was it not the Last 32 round today? ;)

There is always one do I hint a bit of jealousy

Troons response to defeat pure class no complaints or whinging well done to them and best of luck for the rest of the season

Ayr Victoria probably forgets what it's like to celebrate any victory let alone a top team

Credit to Darvel great result today and certainly did not see that coming.

Can I ask why you's celebrated like you's had won the cup? Was it not the Last 32 round today? ;)

And who are u ???? Ha ha ha I will put a word in and tell the boys no to celebrate in the last 16 but if we get a shy against whitletts we will all go tonto

Archived