Bands everyone seems to love but you can't stand

thelocalcat

Nirvana

The Smiths

Stone Roses

Primal Scream

Muse

Jesus christ. You are a strange fella.

Five of the most influential and iconic bands in the last 30 years. Not liking 1 or 2 - each to their own. But not liking these 5 pretty much means you've got a shite taste in music.

There's yet to be one thread in P&B history about things being over or underrated, where the actual question being asked hasn't been instantly abandoned.

"Everyone seems to love" Coldplay, Oasis, The Feeling and Ed Sheeran?

Nae bother.

Not sure who's more eligible than acts who've sold millions of albums...unless you mean that literally everybody has to love them?

Here's my list, according to that criteria:

1. Yesterday's jalapeños

2. Bill Grundys Chunderjets

3. Cracker Barrel

4. Frank Crank and the Wankbank

5. The Danzcuks

I'm loving that 'wankbank' led you straight on to 'The Danzcuks' :lol:

It's a wonderful sign of age when these lists start to look like that...Imagine Dragons and Vampire Weekend, FFS :wacko:

Not sure who's more eligible than acts who've sold millions of albums...unless you mean that literally everybody has to love them?

Here's my list, according to that criteria:

Obviously there are no bands/artists that literally everyone loves. I'd say some of the suggestions on here have suitably high approval rates amongst the people who know them though.

"Everyone seems to love <Arctic Monkeys/Chvrches/The Strokes> but I can't stand them" wouldn't turn your head in the pub, you'd know what they meant.

"Everyone seems to love U2". Not so much.

Obviously there are no bands/artists that literally everyone loves. I'd say some of the suggestions on here have suitably high approval rates amongst the people who know them though.

"Everyone seems to love <Arctic Monkeys/Chvrches/The Strokes> but I can't stand them" wouldn't turn your head in the pub, you'd know what they meant.

"Everyone seems to love U2". Not so much.

I can't actually work this out. Are you saying U2 aren't popular?

Yeah, not getting this either. I'd suggest that U2 have a bigger fanbase than any of the bands you mentioned (although I've no idea who 'Chvrches' are, but I'm old), and there are plenty of folk who'd say that they don't like the other two as well. Unless you mean in your immediate circle of friends only, which is a strange stipulation to put on. I'd be willing to bet that if you did a blind poll in the average pub, Coldplay and U2 would be considered more popular among the general populace than any of the bands you mentioned (plz don't do that btw, they won't like it).

No, I don't like Coldplay and U2 ^_^