Great british tea cake

forever_blue

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3385016/Now-Scottish-Nationalists-call-boycott-traitor-Tunnock-s-Teacakes-new-ad-campaign-brands-traditional-favourite-Great-British-Tea-Cake.html

Some nationalists have got their tartan g-strings in a twist over Tunnocks rebranding their cakes and biscuits down south

Says your man who started the thread

I will starve before I ever eat another Tunnocks product.*

* Other than the Carmel Wafers that are already in the cupboard.

* This statement should not be seen as a binding commitment, rather a statement of intent.

Wether he is a twat or not is nothing to do with this story though is it

Is there a story though? Only in the heads of daily mail readers and angry brit nats.

I'm with gd. Full on boycott except when I really want a caramel wafer. I cannie eat coconut anymore so my boycott of caramel logs will be much more successful.

Is there a story though? Only in the heads of daily mail readers and angry brit nats.

I'm with gd. Full on boycott except when I really want a caramel wafer. I cannie eat coconut anymore so my boycott of caramel logs will be much more successful.

There is no story.

A company changed something/rebranded and a minority of people aren't happy about it, while the vast majority couldn't give a shite.

There is no story.

A company changed something/rebranded and a minority of people aren't happy about it, while the vast majority couldn't give a shite.

I know.

I was being sarcastic/ironic/sardonic/passive aggressive/ a p***k.

It's a bit like that time Cinzano rebranded itself the great European Vermouth (because acknowledging it was Italian would be promoting Italy). Oh wait, companies in normal countries want to promote themselves ...

At any rate, serving Tunnock's anything should be a mark of shame to anyone not caught in a 1970s, Abigail's Party-esque time warp.

I'm with gd. Full on boycott except when I really wa a caramel wafer. I cannie eat coconut anymore so my boycott of caramel logs will be much more successful.

The guardian and independent ran with an article too but I guessed the daily mail would get more of a reaction so posted that instead , it's worked well I may add

Archived