Dunfermline Transfer Thread

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Injury hit in defence who do you think will come in to replace McAusland heard that Brad McKay is set to leave St Johnstone on loan?

Eoghan O'Connell's loan at Oldham finished on the 1st, I reckon that would be a very good signing.

Won Celtic's academy PotY iirc

Would punt MAC and McCabe tbh. Bring in a CB and a striker if Fais goes. Apart from that I don't think we need to add to our positions. We've got them covered well if injuries happen. Just think MAC and McCabe are a waste of a wage.

Lewis Spence has done about as much as McCabe and he'll be on a fraction of the wage. My only concern there is that McCabe has been good enough at much higher levels before, hopefully he'll start turning in some good performances.

Lewis Spence has done about as much as McCabe and he'll be on a fraction of the wage. My only concern there is that McCabe has been good enough at much higher levels before, hopefully he'll start turning in some good performances.

The only chance he'll get a game is if we lose 2 of our central midfielders to injury. If Falkingham, Geggan and Byrne all remain fit, he's not getting a game. Of course if Falkingham for instance got injured and Byrne replaced him, we might see McCabe coming on as a sub every so often.

We need to prioritise our defense this window. That's 4 defenders out the game just now.

Dunfermline need not sign anybody as they have the best players in the league. Nobody else at any other side in this league would get near the starting 11.

;)

Pretty much, yes. We need cover in defence because of injuries but if everyone was fit I wouldn't say we needed to bring in anyone.

AJ is more experienced at this level than Potter or JJ - be interesting to see how he handles the squad. I know being full time has been an advantage on the pitch this season but when football is the livelihood of the squad there are bound to be a few who are anxious to sort something out for themselves for next season, but we are in no position to be offering anything.

Would easily be the worst signing on paper I've ever seen Dunfermline make. I've watched a few Stenny highlight packages this season and he'd be quicker just putting them in the net himself.

As has been mentioned, barring a large number of injuries we should only be looking for a couple of loan deals for cover. That might change if anyone leaves.

• 3 months later...

Archived